Senior Manager, Technical Product Management - Creative Tech
Job Id: REQ-0004606
This position works in Creative Tech, a group within the Central Creative Department. Creative Tech is the group that provides shared tools, assets, and pipeline solutions for Creative teams working across Riot to facilitate cross product collaboration, sharing of technical innovation, efficient delivery of content and asset management solutions.
As a Senior Manager, Technical Product Management, you will put forth the vision and all aspects of technical delivery for our Creative Library Tool Suite and other emerging products- throughout the development and operating lifecycle - and lead the technical effort to deliver on the goal of providing readily accessible high quality assets from all of our products to maximize efficiency for all Rioters. You will collaborate with product managers and partner with IP Strategy to design, deliver and optimize a best-in-class customer experience for all Rioters working with assets from our IP. You will partner with central technical resources to define the best systems, tools and personnel to deliver on the product goals. You will report directly to the Technical Art Director for Creative Tech.
- Oversee the full product development & design process of the Creative Library Tool suite including:
- Assess Creative Library’s current situation in regard to product experience and tooling selection and develop the product plan for the next stage of Creative Library’s growth
- Partner with IP Strategy product managers on coordination of an integrated experience between Creative Library, Guidelines, and Lore Archive tools
- Adapt the tool selection, processes, communication channels to ensure success via a sustainable and reliable delivery plan
- Map out the specific roles & resources required to execute against the plan, and own the hiring and management of the production and external teams.
- Manage development schedules and workflows of the Creative Library Tool suite, providing status to stakeholders, eliminating risks and blockers, and managing trade-offs around scope and timelines.
- Create transparency and predictability with roadmaps, planning, and partner management, staying close to partner teams and selecting tools that work within the existing tech stacks that Riot utilizes
- Help guide Creative Tech team agreement on product decisions by partnering with leads to prioritize Rioter needs and optimize our product suite for an excellent customer experience
- Manage a multi-disciplinary team, establishing accountability, timelines, and change management with your direct reports to achieve timely, high-quality results.
- Set and embody the team culture and standards consistent with Riot values.
- Develop the work systems used throughout the team, including how teams report status back to the business unit, and how multi-team work is coordinated.
- Assess the team's health and composition, striving for cohesion and delivery excellence.
- Establishes data pipelines and measurement practices to drive decision making
- Mentor direct reports, allowing them to grow in their environments.
- 7+ years of product, project, or production management experience
- 3+ years of experience in people management and leadership
- Excellent knowledge of Agile work systems (Kanban, Scrum, …)
- Experience working with all technical roles required for premium web development (web engineers, UX/UI designers, etc)
- Experience with full life cycle of web development, including ideation and design
- Experience implementing various CMS softwares that provide a user-friendly backend experience
- Prior success developing productive working relationships with team members, colleagues, and all customers.
- Experience managing projects/tasks, project planning, and schedule development across multiple groups.
- Experience facilitating virtual meetings that are inclusive, engaging and productive.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience building and deploying infrastructure solutions on a global scale.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.