Finance Controller LATAM
Job Id: REQ-0004682
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Finance Controller you will report to the LATAM´s Operations Lead. You will be required to build strong and meaningful relationships across the company to support the business partnering of Finance with all the Regions, Departments, and Central teams.
As a Mexico City Rioter, you’ll join a small team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and maniacal passion for gaming. With teams in Marketing, Business Development, Publishing and Esports, Riot Games Mexico City is dedicated to creating unique player experiences that show local players they aren't lost in translation.
Work directly with the Finance LATAM´s lead.
- Finance Operations :
- Monitor monthly operating expenditure of the business.
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Manage the local reporting system.
- Assure the correct expense and headcount allocation aligned with the Global Chart Of Accounts.
- Coordinate the provision of information in order to comply with the necessary documentation and reporting required by banks, financial partners, institutions, public auditors, and authorities in México and Chile.
- Reporting :
- Assist with Central reporting ( month-end and special reports).
- Update the monthly product tracking reports.
- Performing month-end variance analysis.
- Update and improve local financial reports and models, aiming for operational excellence.
- Lead the monthly rolling forecasting, analyzing actual revenue and cost against planned.
- Present financial insights to the LATAM Enablers Team.
- Coordinate construction of the annual budget, aligned with the Regional and Financial Strategy.
- Assist with financial modelling, developing, monitoring, and reviewing KPIs across multiple disciplines.
The successful candidate will be:
- A self-starter, with strong business partnership experience and proven abilities to execute work with high levels of accuracy and detail.
- Business-savvy, able to switch between operational view and business strategy view.
- Experience in FP&A and Controlling.
- General accounting knowledge (Local and International Standards USGAAP)
- 5-8 years of working experience in international companies.
- Working knowledge of month-end closing procedures, rolling forecasts, and industry trends and developments.
- Experience in data analysis and data visualization tools ( ex. Google data Studio, Power Bi)
- English 100%
- Experience in SAP and Google suite
- International finance certification
You will really enjoy this role if you are looking to develop and excel in financial analysis and financial modeling. Building relationships is key to this role so being someone who enjoys collaboration and empathizes with fellow teammates. You must be a team player.
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we’re excited to hear from you. Don’t be discouraged if you feel you don’t fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there’s always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!