战斗策划专家/Principal Game Designer (Combat) - R&DO.Shanghai Games Studio
Job Id: REQ-0004760
As a Game Designer, you will design, tweak, and optimize the player experience. Your analytical skills, player insight, and creativity aid in crafting in- and out-of-game experiences that engage and surprise players. You will collaborate with interdisciplinary teams and work with every tool at hand to innovate and iterate player-focused designs that'll delight millions around the world.
As a Principle Game Designer (Combat) in Research & Development working on an early-stage product, you will help decipher one of Riot’s next big bets. You will develop core gameplay systems, rapidly create prototype content, improve content creation tools, and verify our driving hypotheses. Your experience, player insight, and creativity will create a fresh cooperative gameplay experience for players invested in the League of Legends IP. You will collaborate with a small interdisciplinary team to achieve an amazing gameplay experience. You will report to the Executive Producer of the team.
- Design combat and associated systems for one of our new R&D projects
- Create clear design documentation that can be evaluated and implemented by non-designers.
- Complete the combat designs in the prototype stage independently, including in-game implementation and verifications of certain innovative
- Improve the playability and durability of combat
- Work on the product to pass the green light of a prototype and move to the next stage
- Optimize the character, camera, and control to make the combat operate smoothly and express the combat situation clearly
- 6+ years of experience in professional game design experience
- Passionate in games and believe in players' experience first
- Experience in 3D instant game ARPG combat system creation
- Good at communicating and collaborating with the art team, meanwhile, improve combat experience promotion constantly
- Feel comfortable creating in the prototype stage based on limited art resources
- Has design and research acumen in PVE and PVP combat expression
- Experience working on a game in early stage and prototype design
- Enjoy the uncertainty of early-stage exploring
- Work under delayed gratification, be patient and pursue excellence
- The ability of design combat skill set mechanism
- Experience using game engines (ex. Unity, Unreal Engine)
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.