Public Relations Manager
Job Id: REQ-0004794
Riot's Games Pillar Communications team shapes Riot's global identity and reputation as the developer of the most player-focused games in the world. We partner with Riot's community and brand teams to showcase our games and the teams that make them. We tell stories about what makes Riot's approach to game development unique and help journalists better understand our games. We love games and telling the stories that come from making them, as well as telling the stories of the people behind them.
As a Public Relations Manager, reporting to the Global PR Lead, you will develop and execute PR strategies for Legends of Runeterra. You will also support PR for VALORANT PC live service, and support the Action PR lead on emerging titles and initiatives within the Action category.
- Develop and execute PR strategies for Legends of Runeterra, including NA-based execution in partnership with our NA-OCE PR Agency
- Assist with relevant PR plans, media strategy, and press materials for VALORANT's live service content beats
- Work with the LOR and VALORANT publishing team to evaluate and align on appropriate content roll-out plans, embargoes, and moments
- Disseminate timely plans, press kits, PR materials, and usage/embargo guidance to regional PR contacts and North American press
- Manage inbound interview and asset requests from NA press and and regional PR contacts, including: vetting outlets/opportunities and coordinating with appropriate developer spokespeople
- Establish and maintain relationships with regional counterparts to ensure a streamlined central-to-regional communications pipeline
- Maintain content calendars and PR roadmap for LOR and VALORANT live service to identify cross-game collaborative opportunities and prevent potential conflicts
- Provide coverage updates to relevant publishing and development teams
- 5+ years of experience with PR, media, or similar consulting experience including pitching, interview staffing, etc.
- Experience working in a team; able to execute in a cross-functional environment
- Experience with project management; able to organize various moving pieces
- Experience with audience understanding; deep player understanding and empathy
- Experience identifying opportunities for industry leadership and partner with teams as-needed to execution on those opportunities
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.