Business Development and Partnerships Sr. Manager
Job Id: REQ-0004824
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
As a Sao Paulo Rioter, you’ll join a growing team of player-focused pros that share a rejection of convention and a maniacal passion for gaming. Riot Games Sao Paulo is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren’t lost in translation.
That's where you come in.
For every great partnership built by the Brazilian team, there are premiere partners, consumer products and cross product collaborations that help us deliver amazing experiences for our community and general audience. These invaluable partners provide the resources that allow us to do amazing activations, expand the platforms through those we communicate with players and to build one of a kind moments to surprise and delight our audience. From the periodic tent poles that raise the pride to belong to Riot’s games communities to the fan being flown to Championships to meet her heroes, our partners are part of it all. And you will be a fundamental piece of this ecosystem, leading the vision elaboration and its implementation, raising the bar in creativity, innovation and meaning of the word “partnership” at Riot.
As a Business Development & Partnerships Sr. Manager reporting to the Brazilian General Manager, partnering with the Head of Business Development for the Americas group, you will lead the growth of the Brazilian footprint across all commercial relationships in Brazil. You excel at identifying avenues through which to monetize high-quality content through commercial relationships, storytelling, experiences and media distribution, while also evaluating business opportunities strategically and in a dynamic environment which propel Riot’s capacity to relate to its diverse audiences. You should have your own network of contacts across business development, partnerships, entertainment and client direct, and be able to collaborate with our agency partners to expand that network across the Americas. You understand the value proposition for sponsors and business partners, delivering a relationship that excites and benefits Riot, our community and the partner.
- Be the ultimate accountable for defining a vision for BD in Brazil, setting strategies and priorities, driving the partnership funnel and pipeline, negotiating commercial assets and deal points
- Work with our agencies and local/ global Games, Esports, Entertainment, Publishing, Biz Dev and Licensing teams in the pursuit of common business development initiatives across sponsorship, retail, experiential, distribution and marketing opportunities
- Demonstrate ability to make business first decisions for partners including deal prioritization, prospecting, and execution, which may include market-sizing analysis, research, and modeling to help inform business decisions
- Take the lead to identify, evaluate, negotiate and manage strategic partnerships as well as first of their kind deals, that will enable valuable fan experiences and support the strategic objectives of Riot Games in Brazil and worldwide.
- Represent Riot Games in Brazil, eventually globally, and provide thought leadership and perspectives in external meetings with executives from other companies
- Collaborate across disciplines (publishing, licensing, broadcast, legal, league operations, etc.) to help identify new business models, technologies, and partnerships through which to build unique value opportunities for partner integration and cross-promotion
- Help develop and handle ongoing partnerships; ensure the successful execution of deal points
- Lead market surveys structuring with our Biz Dev and Insights teams to map opportunities and enhance the value delivered to partners
- Track performance of BD initiatives relative to budgets, schedules, milestones and performance targets and ensure stakeholders are provided actionable insight into the levers of the business
- Ultimate accountable for keeping finance and peer teams on progress toward established revenue goals and of the progress in closing identified prospects for Brazil, as well as risks and mitigations to ensure the expected achievements will be reached.
- Develop a team of Biz Dev Managers, facilitating their goals achievement, working towards their individual growth and managing their performance against defined OKRs.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of experience in partnerships or sales, at least 2+ of those years as a team lead.
- Have a consistent and solid track record of meeting and exceeding revenue goals
- Expert communication skills (written or oral); experience converting large amounts of information and data into clear presentations for consumption at all levels within the company, as well as with sponsors, agencies, venues, etc
- Proven ability to create and adhere to budgets and revenue targets
- You’re strategic and able to see the big picture while simultaneously recognizing and owning the detailed tactics needed to solve complex business problems and opportunities
- You are motivated by results and have a track record of setting ambitious goals and achieving them efficiently and consistently
- You’re able to handle multiple projects and deliverables at once and you’re a self-starter who thrives in an ambitious, dynamic environment
- You are experienced in fostering and maintaining business relationships
- You have successfully lead and motivated teams to reach their targets, working for individual growth
- Big plus if you have a real passion for video games, entertainment and sports, and are excited to help blend the two both offline and online
- Bonus Points if you come from a background focused around Gaming, Sports, Distribution, Experiential, Agency or Brand Direct
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.