Senior Software Engineer - Player Platform, GAPS
Job Id: REQ-0000540
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As Software Engineers, we work with both new and current technology, creating creative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to deliver player value.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Game Agnostic Platform Services (GAPS) team, you will be a part of a team that provides a set of globally scaled and deployed services that power features used by millions of players every day to get into games, coordinate and track their activity. Your expertise building large-scale distributed systems will partner with your desire to bring value to and delight our players. You will report to the Engineering Manager of the Game Agnostic Platform Services team.
The Game Agnostic Platform Services (GAPS) team specializes in building multi-game, highly available, and globally scaled distributed services. As a central team owning this problem space we reduce the operational overhead of each game studio building and managing these services. This allows game studios to focus 100% of their energy on what makes their games great: focusing their creativity on building game experiences and features, solving game-specific problems and accelerating their productivity.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support, and enhancements in existing platforms
- Create and operate the services that enable features for all of Riot's games
- Partner with product owners and technical leads to build and operate features end-to-end
- Provide high-quality software by writing unit, functional, and integration tests
- Invest in team's complete ownership of our products by participating in on-call rotation
- Provide mentorship and technical leadership to more junior members of the team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field or relevant professional experience
- 5+ years of experience in a software engineering role
- Expertise in Java
- Experience developing large systems from scratch
- Experience with distributed systems and maintaining web services
- Familiarity with "Infrastructure as Code" and tooling like Terraform, Docker and Jenkins
- Familiarity with Cloud Platform providers like AWS or GCP
- Experience with CI/CD such as Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).