Principal Insights Analyst - Central Product
Job Id: REQ-0002053
As Insights Analysts at Riot, we partner with teams to ensure Rioters have the best information frameworks available to provide content and experiences that delight players around the world. They help bring the most complex and nuanced insights to team members.
As the Principal Analyst on Central Product you will work with and report to the Sr. Manager of Central Product. You will also work with the Strategic Advisory lead of R&D to ensure our games have the best chance of success across the entire life cycle. You will use your analytical and leadership experience to push the way Riot thinks about game success by always evaluating new data sources and techniques to ensure we are making the best decisions possible.
- Establish, communicate and spot check the product success requirements (i.e. Guardrails, Benchmarks, VP&L, and Goal setting) with R&D teams as they prepare to move through the stages of game exploration and development.
- Analyze how we incubate, nurture, provide and grow games (e.g. slow growth). Deep dives used to support major decisions for game development.
- Collect and institutionalize insights from our game launches and live ops, incorporating lessons from our triumphs and mistakes.
- Oversee the initial set up of telemetry for new R&D games, building core reports, and being a partner for integrity of the pipeline.
- Mentor analysts as one of the few craft experts, providing guidance on difficult analyses.
- 8+ years of experience in development and operation of Games and Software as a Service ("GaaS" / "SaaS")
- Expert knowledge of SQL, Python and Tableau
- Experience working with and advising product leaders
- Experience building creative analyses used by Executive Producers to better serve the needs of players
- Degree in Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Management Information Systems, Operations Research, or a related discipline
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).