Senior Manager, Production - League of Legends
Job Id: REQ-0002650
Established in 2020, the Singapore Studio is Riot’s second international game development studio. Working together with our Hong Kong Studio, Riot has been expanding our footprint in Asia and accelerating our talent growth to develop games that deliver great experiences to our players. Our mission is to “scale Riot’s games to hyper-serve players.”
We partner with our LA headquarters on game development for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, and Legends of Runeterra. We’re also building teams for VALORANT and Project L, our take on a fighting game. The Singapore Studio is seeking talented, passionate Rioters with backgrounds in all areas of game development to build games that make it better to be a player.
We’re focused on working together to promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity, so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games. This means less emphasis on titles and hierarchy and more emphasis on creating the right environment to ship excellent experiences to players.
That's where you come in
As Producers at Riot, we lead passionate teams to create products and experiences that seek to achieve maximum player value. We guide development, smash through obstacles, and push projects across the finish line while making sure that our teams are sustainable and have a great collaborative environment.
As a Senior Manager, Production on the R&D project, you will lead a high profile program that will unlock massive player value. Your home will be on League of Legends but you will lead efforts across many organizations in Riot. Some focus areas will be to build work systems that will give visibility into the overall progress of the program, find ways to reduce risk to timely delivery and make sure that teams involved are set up for success. You will report into the Production Director, responsible for all League of Legends initiatives.
- Define the vision & scope of a new initiative or project
- Define the KPI to measure the success of the initiative or project and ensure regular evaluation
- Be the customer’s voice to ensure the satisfaction of the services or product delivered
- Promote the vision and products within internal and external teams
- Build the process to allow efficient feedback loop with customers or stakeholders for the product
People & Team management:
- Define the resources needed and build your team (recruitment & organizational) to achieve the projects’ objectives
- Manage the team health, motivate, mentor and coach your team members, and help them grow
- Create the project roadmap with clear key milestones
- Build the process to align milestones, expectations, scope, staffing needs, timeline..
- Build production routines and processes to empower & promote internal and external team work
- Identify misalignment areas in development and develop risk mitigation plans
- Engage internal and external stakeholders during the vision setting, get the buy-in, support and ensure alignment of the vision
- Build a process to have continuous conversations and alignment with key stakeholders about the strategy, progress, new objectives, changes...
- Build strong relationships with partner teams and craft working agreements to manage joint projects or collaboration space
- Create and contribute ideas to areas beyond your immediate ownership across different teams and disciplines.
- 7+ years of senior game production/producer experience, having shipped several AAA titles, ideally games-as-a-service
- Experience running programs or projects that span organizational borders, and locations
- Experience in managing, coaching and growing people
- Managed a wide variety of different disciplines (e.g., Art, Designers, Engineers)
- Experience applying Agile, Kanban, Scrum, or Lean development process and practices
- Strong negotiation skills, with a mix of patience and goal orientation to navigate complex cultural, technology and product requirements
- Deep spirit of perseverance and ability to guide teams and a dedication to seeing challenges through to their end
- Mandarin Fluency
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.