Analyst Intern (MBA)
Job Id: REQ-0002935
The Insights discipline helps empower Rioters' decision-making to be more data-informed. We're an interdisciplinary group of scientists, consultants, and strategists from all sorts of backgrounds who join together to represent and advocate for gamers around the world. We believe that illuminating the globally diverse experiences, behaviors, and needs of gamers is essential to Riot living up to our player-focused mission. We're a group united by our love of games, science, and helping others succeed.
As an Analyst, you’ll join the Insights discipline – the group of researchers, analysts, data scientists, and strategists responsible for solving problems and executing analyses that enable Rioters to make difficult decisions with confidence. You’ll be part of an interdisciplinary team and work closely with Rioters from other disciplines (designers, artists, producers, etc.) to conduct studies and analyses that’ll inform the features, systems, and experiences of our products. Your background in data analysis and strategic decision making will ensure that you’re an effective advocate for players and can provide strategic guidance about their wants, needs, and behaviors.
- Partner with product teams to produce frameworks and insights that craft how game experiences are optimized, such as Gameplay and Monetization
- Build analyses and visualizations to answer the team’s most pressing questions and monitor the results of product decisions
- Identify the most significant game strategic questions and partner with data and engineering to implement the telemetry necessary to answer those questions
- Identify the most impactful product and operational questions and partner teams to develop studies and establish frameworks to answer those questions
- Build targeted, actionable analyses and visualizations to more effectively inform the team
- Leverage your storytelling skills to effectively share your results with other Rioters
- Currently enrolled in an MBA or related program
- Minimum 2 years work experience analyzing large data sets, visualizing information, and informing company strategy
- BA in Economics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Management Information Systems, Statistics or a related discipline
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, SQL, and Tableau (or equivalent)
- 3+ years experience in data analytics, strategy, management consulting, or related fields
- Previous analyst experience in games
- Advanced in Spark and Python
- Experience working with localization teams
- Experience working for a globally distributed team
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Applications Close January 10th 11:59pm PT and are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Riot Internships are paid, and we offer relocation and housing support. Interns can also participate in our 401(k) plan. You can expect subsidized meals, in-game perks, and the ability to participate in our Play Fund, so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games. The University Programs team also invites you to intern focused events so you can connect with your fellow interns and Rioters to make the most out of your experience.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.