Release Manager - WR, Launch and Release
Job Id: REQ-0003247
Live Operations lives by a follow-the-sun model, with Rioters distributed globally providing 24/7 coverage in critical areas, such as manning the Network Operations Center, Live Producers, Release Managers, Live Services Data, and working with the Compliance Team. Live Operations Rioters are available for any problem, at any time because running a game as a service means we’ve made an implicit promise that the game is available to play whenever players expect it to be. We believe in rapid responses and clear communications, whether the issue stems from our own systems or not. We know exactly how much it sucks when a plan to play with friends is ruined by an outage, so we’re overzealous about finding, anticipating, and eliminating player pain as fast as possible.
As a Release Manager on the League of Legends: Wild Rift team, you will report to the Release/Launch Lead. You'll be joining the team responsible for updating and deploying our game to our players everywhere. You will be involved with improving our product delivery pipeline with a continuous delivery mindset, using both process and technology at your disposal. You understand what fuels games as a live service and have a passion to improve the experience for internal developers getting content out the door, and more importantly, the players. You are a communication authority able to craft efficient and clear messages to any size group or situation. You will wrangle process and organize teams to keep momentum building, fostering teamwork and continuous improvement across the organization.
- Demonstrate your strong sense of game knowledge to lead the release and deployment process, managing the pipeline to ensure that we are delivering the best global player experience.
- Bridge the gap between development and operations by facilitating discussions and making decisions that impact the live service and our players.
- Engage with product teams to review their product release protocols and provide consultation on how we can prevent and mitigate player pain.
- Challenge the impossible as you improve upon our continuous deployment process. Analyzing data and trends, you will work with teams to accomplish major goals on both strategic and tactical levels.
- Promote and spread the release culture and continuous improvement mindset throughout the entire organization.
- Collaborate with all necessary parties across Riot and external partners to establish best practices and SLAs for the live operation of our game.
- Two or more years of experience in a Release Manager or related role in consumer-focused Software development.
- Experience working with ITIL/DevOps practices and procedures in a SaaS environment
- Experience managing and guiding leaders and team members through compelling communications, demonstrating operational excellence, empathetic partnership and leading with domain expertise
- Ability to effectively present and share information across a wide array of technical expertise and senior members of the organization
- Experience submitting to console app stores
- Experience submitting to mobile app stores
- Bilingual Fluency: English and Mandarin
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).