Software Engineer (Full Stack) - Player Platform
Job Id: REQ-0003371
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in different domains. As a Software Engineer, you'll work with all kinds of new/old technology, creating creative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to provide player value.
As a Software Engineer (Full Stack) within the Player Platform, Content Experiences team in Dublin, you'll report into an Engineering Manager and you'll write the code that powers commercial products and services deployed across the globe. You will work across technology stacks to achieve reliable and performant player experiences, architecting and building high traffic, high availability solutions, and integrating with Riot's existing platforms and APIs.
As a Software Engineer (Full Stack) for Content Experiences, you will:
- Develop web user interfaces to support personalized experiences for our players
- Design microservices that enable third parties to integrate with Riot's game content fulfillment and reward systems
- Write unit and integration tests
- Perform code reviews
- Enhance build and deployment tooling
- Improve product visibility through telemetry and analytics
Over time, you'll create and develop documentation for ongoing support, and participate in an on-call rotation to support high availability for our products.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience as a full stack software engineer
- Experience developing software with at least one back end programming language, preferably Java or Kotlin
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure providers like AWS or GCP
- Experience with TypeScript, Mocha, Webpack, Node.js, Babel, CSS preprocessors
- Experience writing, tuning, and debugging distributed systems written in Java or Kotlin
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker
- Experience with databases such as MySQL, Redis, and MongoDB
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Familiarity with CI/CD and automated deployments like Jenkins
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't meet every one of the requirements for a role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role to make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!