Senior VFX Artist - League, Personalization
Job Id: 4551
On the Real-Time VFX team at Riot Games, we design and implement the sleek, dynamic and dramatic visual effects that represent gameplay and add atmosphere to the world of League of Legends. We use our experience to create aesthetically astounding visual effects that communicate essential game information and personify the characters and skins we create. League of Legends has a diverse roster of powerful champions with a vast range of abilities, from cosmic dragons to undead warlords and our universe is full of creative potential.
As a Senior VFX Artist on the Player Immersion & Expression - Content team, you’ll use your artistic and technical skills to create stunning visual effects. Effects may vary from champion skin abilities to emotes, sight wards, and just about any other variety of VFX assets that will go into League. You will work with Product Leads, Delivery Leads, team members, and the Art Director to stay aligned on vision and priorities, reporting to the VFX Art Lead. You will participate in VFX feedback, training, and mentorship with teammates and contribute to craft review sessions.
- Create aesthetically astounding visual effects that balance player satisfaction and communicate essential game information and capture the essence of hundreds of characters
- Build VFX that hit product quality standards, project art pillars, and highlight improvement areas through a variety of feedback methods
- Find creative solutions to eliminate difficult problems in production and drive improvements to pipelines, processes and techniques
- Use your your encyclopedic knowledge of visual effects to create brand new assets from classic designs, and push the quality bar of our art style
- Engage with or lead projects to grow our VFX discipline at Riot
- Mentor VFX artists in their craft, delivering feedback to aid in their growth
- 5+ years of experience in a creative industry
- High proficiency in VFX development, including fundamentals like timing, shape language, color theory and mesh engineering
- Advanced skills in 3D/2D Software - Maya, 3DS Max, Photoshop
- Knowledge of the MOBA genre as it pertains to game design, isometric content and visual clarity
- Shipped titles as a Senior or Lead VFX Artist
- Experience mentoring and training artists
- Familiarity with the League of Legends IP and skins universes
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.