Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Quality Director, you'll support the vision of holistic quality ownership for your product. You'll manage a team of QA Managers, Leads, and Analysts, enabling them to effectively assess and handle the development quality needs of their teams. A forward-thinker, you'll encourage your team to always keep improving and view every obstacle as a chance to make the process better. A master of your craft, you'll be well versed in Agile and the philosophies of Deming and Capers Jones. You'll maintain a culture of growth rooted in learning, strong mentorship, and coaching.
- Experienced: you bring between 8 and 10 years of experience in either game or enterprise software development, or quality management with at least four years in a leadership position; being a leader of Agile QA teams is a plus
- A QA Jedi: you know the ins and outs of functional and subjective testing, and are knowledgeable about a variety of testing methodologies, including, but not limited to: compatibility testing, performance testing, unit testing, user experience, test driven development, regression, and acceptance testing
- A progressive problem solver: you're passionate about new ideas and look for the kind of solutions that address whole team quality and prevent the same problems from occurring in the future; you emphasize continuous improvement and encourage team members to find innovative solutions
- Tech-savvy: you have proactively driven technology and automation solutions to keep the development process lean and efficient, you drive cycle times down and relentlessly pursue shorter feedback loops
- Data-driven: you use key performance indicators to evaluate success and zero in on problem areas for targeted solutions; you use metrics and data paired with subjective feedback to drive intelligent decisions around product quality improvements
- Educated: you've earned at least a Bachelor's Degree, preferably in either business or a technical discipline (and probably a Masters or MBA); you know that education doesn't stop when you leave the classroom, and you're always ready to learn something new on the job
- A communications black belt: you know that good leadership is based on good communication, and maintain an open dialog with all team members; your demeanor puts people at ease, and meeting you for the first time feels like meeting an old friend
- Player-focused: you're driven by a passion for games that motivates you to deliver a high-quality player experience
- Drive the efforts to build in product quality by fostering the cultural change for your leadership peers across other disciplines; by leading holistic quality ownership you’ll ensure the sustainable development and delivery of high quality player experiences
- Lead quality ownership on your product and set expectations for product integrity
- Support product excellence by partnering with Engineering, Design, and Art leaders on quality development practices
- Own all aspects of Quality Assurance – both onsite and offsite – through both Riot team members and outside quality partners when necessary
- Assess outside partners and coordinate with them to perform black box testing on features that need additional support
- Work with QA leadership to maintain an environment focused on mentorship, coaching, and career progression
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.