Infrastructure and Live Services Producer, SEA (LAX)
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Partner Infrastructure & Live Services Producer, SEA, you'll help deliver the League of Legends live experience to players in our Garena partner regions in Southeast Asia. You'll go beyond route using our standard processes and be predicting and proactively solving issues that occur as a result of Riot's infrastructure integrating with partner services. With your experience in navigating the intricacies and idiosyncrasies of partner and vendor game publishing systems, you will be responsible in delivering a stable and scalable live service for players. You know that seamless systems integration enables memorable player experiences and that poor unstable system performance can turn a dedicated night of gaming into a frustrating struggle with impatience. You're proactive and pragmatic while envisioning creative new ways to define problems, mediate solutions across teams and solve issues that you uncover.
As a Los Angeles Rioter, you'll lead engineering and process systems with our central team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our obsession with player experience, a maniacal passion for gaming and rejection of convention.
- An experienced partner manager: you have 3-5 years of experience managing an international partner, ideally across multiple geographies. Extra points for working in or with partners in Southeast Asia. Brokering peace between Zerg and Protoss a must
- A pro producer: you've got experience shipping successful projects in a live tech environment; you've built up a resume by breaking through integration barriers and getting shit done
- A systems chameleon: you're a quick learner and an adaptive communicator; while your only experience "writing code" might be editing a wiki, you're able converse with highly technical Rioters and translate complex technical terms across a variety of development and live environments
- A human babelfish: you communicate easily in the most appropriate medium, whether email, hallway conversation or via transpacific cable; fluent or even conversational Mandarin proficiency nets you bonus points
- An ops wizard: you've worn a few different hats in a world-class NOC and mastered industry-standard tools like Chef and Puppet in your quest to help manage systems that service millions
- Results-oriented: you've got a clear view of the obstacles that dot your path and a solution-focused plan for overcoming them; you succeed by discovering ways to address previous roadblocks so that other teams don't stumble at the same point
- Influence and lead teams of Garena and Riot to administer analysis of complex root causes, proactively identify, remove potential threats to the player experience and shape outcomes
- Architect and plan systems and processes integrating Riot software and hardware with that of Garena, our dedicated partner
- Execute like a Product Owner and advocate for features and processes that can lead to a more robust live service and better player experience
- Quickly restore quality player experiences by marshalling and leading Garena and Riot resources as needed
- Provide context and clear communication about live service health and status to both players, Garena and Rioters in a timely fashion
- Ensure the integrity, availability and confidentiality of data, database systems and supporting services
- Be able to perform as an infrastructure visionary, by exploring additional partners SEA and Taiwanese vendors that can extend our service offerings and improve overall player experience
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.