Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
Riot Games' Hong Kong Studio is our first international development studio outside Los Angeles. With dim sum tea houses boasting hundred-year histories sitting across the street from modern skyscrapers lighting up the horizon, we're inspired by the city's ability to look forward without forgetting the past. The Hong Kong Studio office towers 72 floors high in the Central district of this major international hub in Asia, giving us a bird's-eye view of the buzzing metropolis and keeping Rioters close to its heartbeat.
Titles don’t really matter at any of Riot’s offices, but we chose to take an extra step in the Hong Kong Studio to break the constraints of traditional hierarchical title structures that are more common in this region. We believe that removing titles will promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and a focus on results. We promise you won’t need a title at Riot’s Hong Kong Studio to make an impact!
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraint.
That's where you come in.
As a member of the Visual Design team in Hong Kong, you’ll be our creative compass, combining your artistry, passion, and perseverance with your next-level design skills to conceptualize, sketch, color, and render polished, positively stunning graphical elements for League of Legends. You’ll use your storied artistic background, intellectual curiosity, organizational prowess, communicative clout, collaborative countenance, and player-first mindset to conceive assets that align with the look and feel of League while creating kick-ass visual design work that’ll excite players all over China.
- A seasoned artist: your portfolio is cover-to-cover inspiration, packed with eye-popping art both traditional and digital; you’re a master of modern visual design techniques, continually on the cusp of the cusp
- Intellectually curious: you consider a day without having learned a day wasted; you’re always curious about new techniques and do daily deep dives on next-gen workflow
- Organized: you thrive on structure, using your next-level arrangement skills to ensure that projects are perpetually expeditious; you set high goals and build the steps that enable you to reach them successfully
- Communicative and collaborative: you can clearly communicate with any department in any medium, be it conference call, g-chat, or smoke signal; when teammates are struggling, you happily help with a positive attitude and rolled-up sleeves
- Player-focused: you’re obsessed with leveling up the UX, always putting the player first when designing UI or creating art
- Develop, detail, and communicate brand standards, style guides, and visual design systems for a number of projects
- Collaborate with a cross-disciplinary task force of programmers, artists, and production managers, creating awesome visual design work that’ll inspire and connect with players
- Create engaging, effective visual design solutions that’ll reach both player-focused goals and business objectives
- Drive and evolve the aesthetic quality of creative materials, including in-game UI, game menus, web pages, application interfaces, advertising campaigns, web and video content, email campaigns, mobile, and corporate branding materials
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.