Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
If a game's never just a game to you, you love pushing the limits of what's technically possible, and you also believe that doing the right thing often requires disregarding the rules and upending the status quo, then we'd love to talk to you! Our Engineering leaders are experts at balancing a strong vision while allowing teams ownership of their problem spaces. We're looking for talented, like-minded Engineering leaders to join us and help shape the future of gaming.
As a Software Architect, you will write the code that powers our multi-game ecosystem, focusing on both products and features. You'll work across a wide range of technologies and problem domains, architecting as well as integrating with Riot's existing platforms and APIs.
You'll work in a self-guiding, cross-functional team with other humble but highly skilled individuals.
- 7+ years of relevant software development and system architecture experience
- Understanding of the full life-cycle of a Gaming ecosystem: data centers, monitoring, distributed systems, data pipelines, and client. Additionally, you have a deep knowledge of at least one or more areas in that ecosystem
- Capable of technical deep-dives into code, networking, operating systems, and storage yet verbally and cognitively agile enough to hold your own in a strategy discussion
- Experience guiding a portfolio of products from conception to delivery
- Deep experience in design and implementation of scalable systems/highly-scalable architectures
- Excellent skills in identifying common patterns, trends, and themes in order to navigate to optimal solutions
- Player-focused: you're a gamer whose passion for games (especially League of Legends) helps you stay focused on initiatives that make the difference to players in and out of the game
- A threat to convention: bored by what's considered traditional, you constantly push past limits until the status is no longer quo; you don't "think outside the box" because, hey, there's no box
- Focused on team: You help Rioters develop the tools and creative atmosphere to shine, but ultimately hold them accountable for making smart calls and delivering player value
- Seriously playful: you work hard but always leave time for pentakills; whether you're grabbing a game of League in our onsite PC Bang or rapidly sharing cat GIFs, you make time for daily play in all of its wonderful forms
- Humbitious: you're ambitious but humble, a state of being summed up by fans of portmanteau as "humbitious;" always striving for continuous improvement, you never forgo rounds of feedback from teammates, players, and partners who keep you from drifting off into space
- Drive innovation into current, and adjoining, product landscape to deliver new features and services to players
- Work with a high-level view of the entire technical organization and spot problem spaces a mile away
- Identify cross-team dependencies, and work to gain alignment with engineers across disparate product groups
- Manage internal customer (i.e. - R&D Game teams) expectations in the face of conflicting priorities (dealing with ambiguity)
- Chart the course of our multi-game ecosystem, develop technical strategy
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.