Lead Gameplay Engineer
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As part of a team working on an exciting new game in R&D, you’ll ideate, explore, debate, and develop across game genres to deliver an amazing game into players’ hands! We’re looking for a veteran Gameplay Engineer who will help build, drive, and manage a team both as a coach and craft leader. You’ll also collaborate with designers, artists, and product owners to define the technical path to excellence. If you have a passion for game development and expertise that brings a project to life, then your team is waiting!
- A seasoned engineer: you’ve accrued a robust foundation of computer science competencies, software design and architecture, data structures, and algorithms and modular system design; you’re proud of building software the right way, while also continually seeking out methods to improve your craft; you don’t shirk responsibility, embracing the colossal undertaking that is owning the core gameplay space of a new Riot Game
- Communicative and collaborative: you're no stranger to matrixed environments, and thrive on the collaboration, driving work over the finish-line; you can clearly communicate complex technical concepts to a variety of audiences; nothing gets your creative synapsis firing like a collaborative brainstorm sesh
- Approachable: you listen to others and are sensitive to any communication style, and that makes it easy for anyone to talk to you; others trust you and feel comfortable coming to you with all the info, so any rising problems can be tackled before they spiral into fiery vortices of bad vibrations
- A dependable manager: you map out clear and organized plans for team success, spreading workloads efficiently while supporting and mentoring your teammates; you solve communication congestion and workflow speed bumps with ease, so information moves as quickly and efficiently as traffic on the Autobahn
- Armed with insight: like the 5-star chef knows their kitchen, you understand the technology, trends, and best practices currently affecting your field; you continually strive to improve your skills while staying in the know about what the competition might be cooking up
- Passionate about player experience: As a gamer yourself, you know that great community content clarifies gameplay and keeps you invested; you understand your impact on the player experience and you are part of the community conversation so you know what players are talking about and what they are asking for
- Lead a team of engineers working in a cross-functional environment
- Partner with design, art and production leaders to bring a unique engineering perspective to a product vision
- Drive a high bar of craft excellence for your team
- Mentor and coach junior members of the team to build talent over the long term
- Nurture your team’s culture of collaboration, creativity and passion for game making
- AAA game development
Please include a resume and/or your LinkedIn profile! A cover letter will also help us learn about you to warrant further exploration!