Data Center Technician - Amsterdam
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
As Data Center Technician (Location Amsterdam), you’ll turn metal husks into pingable servers that deliver rock-solid League of Legends service to players ‘round the world. As a technician in the field, you’ll drive the AMS operation from conceptual planning to serving up games to players. Staying abreast of the latest and greatest in server tech will be crucial to improving game stability and uptime. If servers go on the fritz or need a tune-up, you’ll be the go-to guru for data center solutions, ready to take action at a moment’s notice to keep service running strong.
- An experienced field tech: you’ve spent 3-5 years planning, deploying, wiring, and operating server architecture at data centers; you’re an expert at on-site network operation, data storage, cable use (copper, fiber) and virtualization
- Pro with the tools of the trade: you’re an expert with the right tools for the job, using DRAC, iLO, Insight Manager and power management software to remotely keep Windows and Linux servers operational; a basic knowledge of TCP/IP and various internet servers (DNS, DHCP, HTTP/HTTPS, FTP, NNTP, SNMP) rounds out your network knowledge
- A detailed documenter: you clearly and accurately document design changes, system builds, configurations, and support procedures to maintain seamless network operation, no matter who is at the helm
- An agile collaborator: you’re comfortable working by yourself, as part of a team, or with contractors to solve problems that crop up during complex projects
- Player-focused: as a dedicated gamer, your first-hand experience with the frustrations of faulty servers motivates you to construct data centers that reliably serve up games to players
- Already residing in the Netherlands: you will drive the AMS operation and need to be in our Amsterdam Data Center at least 4 out of 5 days a weeks for that region.
- Focus on the physical health of data center equipment, including servers, network devices and the site itself
- Rack, cable, and label new and relocated equipment
- Enter and complete Change Management tickets and Data Center Work Request tickets.
- Implement Data Destruction procedures
- Perform inventory management
- Create and maintain as-built drawings and elevations
- Clean up and coordinate cleaning services
- Be on-call for off-hours emergency work
- Review and improve preventative maintenance procedures for all critical infrastructure systems
- Ensure there is appropriate coverage and emergency response to infrastructure failures
- Monitor all maintenance reports and analyze data to assure the proper functioning of all equipment
- Review and improve preventative maintenance procedures for all technology infrastructure systems
- Maintain availability for 24/7 emergency response to infrastructure failures and alarms
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.