Data Protection Specialist
Riot Games was established in 2006 by visionary gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but visionary, professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints
That's where you come in.
Riot Games are currently looking to hire a Data Protection Specialist. The successful person will work with the Senior Compliance and Privacy Specialist in the Dublin office, while also supporting some our other offices including the EU, Turkey and Russia.
As a Dublin Rioter, you’ll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and real passion for gaming. With teams in Player Support, Community and Marketing, Riot Games Dublin is dedicated to crafting unique player experiences that show local players they aren’t lost in translation.
- Comfortable with ambiguity: when changes are made, you keep a cool head and fight on, even if you don’t have all the details; you’re comfortable moving between projects and facing the uncertain because risk and change motivates you to evolve and innovate.
- Personable: you're outgoing and your positive nature is infectious, making it easy for you to build genuine, collaborative bonds and relationships with all types, whether Rioter, Player, partner or otherwise; you put your affability to good use, helping others to understand how Regulatory changes will impact them, their team and our Players.
- An organizer for results: you efficiently and effectively keep projects on track by managing the right people, materials, and support needed to get the job done – all at the same time; your well-organized file system facilitates quick action when work situations break bad.
- Excellent understanding and experience of GDPR
- Providing guidance to multiple business areas in relation to GDPR and Privacy by Design
- Advise Rioters on how best to manage risks associated with third party partners, vendors, and tools
- lead due diligence activities, such as testing controls, process walkthroughs, third party technology risk assessments, and contract reviews
- work with a number of teams in the business, to analyze, identify and report root causes, recommend corrective actions.
- formulate appropriate messages regarding personal data for both Rioters and Players
- Offer guidance and advice to Rioters on audit and compliance standards and standard methodologies through various modes of communication
- develop an in-depth understanding of industry compliance management trends and risks and collaborate with IT compliance managers to develop viable business solutions to mitigate risk.
- Experience with GDPR, Compliance related issues, risk analysis, IT Security and Privacy by design.\
- 3+ years in an IT Audit or Information Security Audit role. Familiar with Internal Controls and regulatory frameworks like GDPR, SOX, and the latest Global Data Privacy regulations.
- You have a CISA, IAPP or alternative qualification
- Computer and/or Security qualifications or experience highly desired
- Experience with Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery as well as Vendor Certification and Management
- Click the button below and don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.