Senior Security Engineer - Rioter Security
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and an essential driver of the explosive growth of esports. Whether you're in Rio, Seoul or Moscow, you can find an excited and engaged community of League players. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
Security Engineers and Analysts at Riot are experts in monitoring, prevention, and detection of security threats. We don't just focus on breaking things; we support teams across Riot to develop game security capabilities which help protect the competitive experience. We relish the chance to work with new tech stacks and product teams, each with their own unique security risk profile and complex challenges. At the most fundamental level, our goal is to help provide value to players and make life harder for troublemakers.
As a Senior Security Engineer on the Rioter Security team reporting to the Director of Security and IT, you will establish network and infrastructure security standards for our corporate identity and authentication services as well as our game release road-map. You’ll work with external partners, ranging in size from global media companies to indie studios to ensure they can contribute to our code base in a secure and manageable way.
- Optimize and monitor security best practices around identity, network security, and holistic security engagements
- Assist other Security teams with incident response and investigations
- Improve Riot's security posture by ensuring remediation, eradication and lessons learned are rolled back into daily operations
- Partner with external partners (ranging from indie games studios to media companies) to ensure the way in which they get access to and contribute to our code base is secure and manageable
- Minimum 5+ years of industry experience
- 3+ years of experience building and securing cloud infrastructure, and associated services, such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, SoftLayer, or Private Clouds
- Deep working knowledge and implementation experience with identity platforms such as Okta, Microsoft Active Directory, and OneLogin
- Experience developing security controls within NGFWs (Next-Generation Firewall)
- Experience managing packet brokers and associated tool sets such as Suricata and Moloch
- Understand the life cycle of network threats, attack vectors, and methods of exploitation and common tactics, techniques, and procedures of advanced attackers.
- Experience working with logging & data analysis infrastructure (e.g. ELK, Splunk etc)
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).