Platform Security Engineer - Information Security
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and over 100 million people now play the game every month. Whether you're in Rio, Seoul, or Moscow, you can find an excited and engaged community of League players. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
Riot Security Engineers and Analysts hold an in-depth knowledge of specific areas of expertise. We don't just focus on breaking things; we aggressively support teams across Riot to develop robust security capabilities which help protect player experiences. We relish the opportunity to work with new tech stacks and product teams, each with their own particular security risk profile and complex challenges.
At the most fundamental level, our goal is to help deliver value to players and make life more difficult for troublemakers.
As a Platform Security Engineer on our InfoSec team, you will support both cloud and bare-metal infrastructures by developing tools and providing direction to engineers. You will help safeguard player-impacting products, services, data, and infrastructure. You will also develop tools in Go, Python, and other languages that help Riot secure platforms used to deliver games to players. From working on a multi-functional team to socializing security throughout Riot, you will help protect players and Rioters alike.
- Drive secure player experiences in League and future games
- Develop and automate security tools and services that help engineers ship fun and secure experiences to our players
- Work with product and infrastructure teams throughout their development cycle
- Educate and integrate security in a non-blocking way
- Provide mentorship and guidance to associate level engineers
- Work collaboratively with other engineering teams to understand their platform security needs
- Implement security policies and standards that make it easier for Rioters to build security into their work
- Stay up to date and aware of new security threats and quickly discern their nefarious implications
- Be well apprised of new emerging trends in the Information Security field, and craft creative solutions for Rioters
- Suggest solutions to quash emergent issues and fortify against future problems.
- Assess application vulnerabilities and conduct security reviews
- Cloud Infrastructure and Services such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, SoftLayer or Private Clouds
- Linux & Windows OS
- Ansible, Terraform, Kubernetes and Docker
- Distributed data caching, networking, and application systems.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).