Senior Network Engineer - IT
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
As Riot continues to deliver and scale content to a global audience of passionate gamers, Riot’s IT Discipline is packed with challenges and opportunities centered on designing, building, and maintaining global infrastructure that supports the organization’s growth. Delivering a stable and adaptable foundation is difficult as it can change as quickly as the Meta. However, this isn’t your traditional corporate IT job where you are siloed into a single specialty and expected to churn out the same product in repetition. We are the backbone of delivering towards our consistent dream of being “Player Experience First.” Our Engineers are flexible, adaptable, and voracious in their pursuit of developing new techniques that give us the ability to automate and scale, while growing in their particular area of expertise. They are mentors, innovators, and only satisfied when they are delivering value above expectations.
As a Senior Network Engineer within the IT Discipline, you will mentor and provide technical leadership to Associate and Mid level network engineers. You are constantly aware of the latest industry networking technology and development trends, and can provide experience solutions towards the positive evolution of our infrastructure. On occasion, you will travel to global Riot locations in Europe, Asia and South America for new builds or restructuring of existing infrastructure.
You are an authority in architecting network infrastructure for scalability. You take advantage of automation tooling and processes in order to monitor network health, respond to events, and eliminate the burden of repetitive tasks. A Sr. Network Engineer provides the highest level of operational support, triage, break/fix, and incident resolution - including response to critical issues, dedicatedly notifying customers of network issues, and assessing and communicating business impact. Finally, you will maintain Riot’s network infrastructure by providing both remote and onsite support through a 24 / 7 on-call rotation to ensure high levels of network uptime.
- Analyzing, designing, configuring, and maintaining network infrastructure and application components
- Evaluation, maintenance, installation, and training to ensure Riot's network performance remains at a high quality.
- Provide recommendations/solutions as appropriate towards the positive evolution of Riot’s networking infrastructure
- Architecting network infrastructure for scalability and growth within the enterprise LAN and WAN
- Respond to emergent events and final point of arbitration for problem resolution
- Be an excellent partner and partner with 3rd party vendors for technical/strategic solutions
- Contribute to Request for Comments (RFCs), including creation of new RFCs
- Utilize the development of automation tools and processes to monitor the health of the network, respond to events, and remove the burden of repetitive tasks
- Mentor other tech specialists on the team and across Riot
- Participate in On-Call rotation
- Highly experienced level of routing and switching
- Network security (e.g. Firewalls, load balancer, traffic visibility, AAA)
- Network utilities (e.g. ICMP, Syslog, Traceoptions, Netflow, SNMP, Wireshark, etc)
- Wireless protocols
- Experience working with DevOps and Agile/Scrum teams
- Scripting languages such as Python
- Automation frameworks such as Ansible
- Experience with Linux routing
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).