Associate Talent Partner
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide. Riot’s Talent Discipline has a shared identity of caring deeply about the player experience - it’s our mission to build a work environment where Rioters can do their best work for players. We demonstrate our craft knowledge in the human resources field, whether it is sourcing, hiring, performance management, total rewards, or learning and development to support Riot Games. That's where you come in.
As Talent Partners, we do not act as a compliance function and we don’t make decisions from an ivory tower. Instead, we focus our energy on business needs, carefully listening to the problem spaces, and working with Rioters to get to an optimal outcome. We view ourselves as trusted consultants and advisors, with a specific expertise in all things “HR”. Working in Talent at Riot enables you to redefine what positive human resources practices are. We reimagine events, on-boarding, perks, and communications so they deeply resonate with our gamer workforce.
As an Associate Talent Partner, you will act as the front line for Rioter discussions involving initial leave of absence and accommodation related questions. You partner with the Talent Operations team to provide mentorship to Rioters and managers. You run point on all discipline, product, and international transfers by aligning partners and connecting necessary work streams (immigration, relocation, comp, legal, benefit, and payroll considerations) to expedite the process. You will conduct exit interviews and periodic exit analyses, providing key themes to leadership. You may also serve as a point of contact for employee relation matters, as needed, and assist with documentation. Additionally, you will establish and maintain an intimate understanding of product and discipline needs in order to build effective and productive working relationships with internal partners and Rioters, at all levels of the organization. You will work alongside Talent Partners, embedded on product teams, to help drive action through a consultative approach in areas such as promotions, succession and organization planning, talent assessment, and change management. Lastly, you will provide periodic audits of information systems records and work with disciplines and products to ensure data accuracy.
- Influence leadership at varying levels in the company through partnership to achieve key business results
- Demonstrate coaching, mentoring, and consultative skills in guiding others through complex interpersonal issues.
- Deliver records audits of all information systems on a dedicated cadence and ensure all data is accurate across products and disciplines.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Federal, state, and local employment law, administration of leaves of absences, ADA, accommodations, and investigations such as sexual harassment, navigating workers comp claims
- Ability to regularly context shift in a heavily matrixed environment
- Strong business and HR acumen, as well as strong frameworks in problem-solving, critical thinking, and analysis
- Ability to work in and manage ambiguity - taking care of issues that do not always have a process or a system in place
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal.
- 2+ years of experience in a HR generalist/business partner/manager role with demonstrated progression, 4+ years of overall HR experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business, or other relevant field, or equivalent work experience
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).