Software Engineer - Product Riot: Digital Workplace
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and over 100 million people now play the game every month. Whether you're in Rio, Seoul or Moscow, you can find an excited and engaged community of League players. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
Riot engineers hold deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also relish the opportunity to work with different, new and applicable technology. At the most fundamental level, their goal is to deliver value to players. Working as a Software Engineer at Riot is all about using whatever tools or technology you can in order to make fun and exciting experiences for our audience.
Product Riot Engineering (PRE) focuses on building and running software and tools all aimed to make Riot an awesome place to work. As Riot continues to grow in employees, offices, and games in production. We work to ensure that Riots technology matches an increasingly complex ecosystem. From operating and customizing tools like JIRA and Slack to building custom solutions for internal search, PRE exists to insure everything works and if anything is getting better over time.
- Implement and maintain new features for internally-facing web applications serving thousands of Rioters worldwide
- Design and implement state of the art web user interfaces and backend systems allowing Rioters to collaborate with each other in new and exciting ways
- Collaborate with Product Managers to understand user stories
- Write and deploy code in a variety of languages
- Write unit/functional/integration test to prove code is effective and resilient
- Write RFCs to get feedback on technical designs and ultimately generate shared standards of practice
- Design creative and out-of-the-box solutions to complex day-to-day problems for Rioters, so nothing stands in the way of delivering an outstanding gaming experience to players
- Answer on-call pages and triage live issues as necessary
- Recruit and interview high quality engineers
- Mentor junior engineers and share knowledge with the rest of the Engineering community at Riot
- Node.js, GraphQL
- MongoDB, MySQL, Neo4j, PostgreSQL
- Angular, React
- AWS (ECS, RDS, S3, EC2, SQS, SNS, Lambda)
- Ansible, Kubernetes, Terraform
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).