Senior Software Engineer - Product Riot: Site Uptime Reliability Engineering
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and over 100 million people now play the game every month. Whether you're in Rio, Seoul or Moscow, you can find an excited and engaged community of League players. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
Riot engineers hold deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also relish the opportunity to work with different, new and applicable technology. At the most fundamental level, their goal is to deliver value to players. Working as a Senior Software Engineer at Riot is all about using whatever tools or technology you can in order to make fun and exciting experiences for our audience.
Product Riot Engineering ("PRE") focuses on building and running software and tools all aimed to make Riot an awesome place to work. As Riot continues to grow in employees, offices, and games in production. We work to ensure that Riots technology matches an increasingly complex ecosystem. From operating and customizing tools like JIRA and Slack to building custom solutions for internal search, PRE exists to insure everything works and if anything is getting better over time.
- Ensure core infrastructure - including cloud configuration, tooling, and centralized services - is stabilized, matured and integrated across teams and systems.
- Work with Product Owners across multiple teams to understand their needs
- Write RFCs to get feedback on technical designs and ultimately generate shared standards of practice
- Serve as a technical lead to a team to insure that code being delivered hits a high standard for quality and is performing as expected
- Work with other senior members of the team to understand Riot’s current and future state needs for internal data pipelines and data streaming
- Answer a live support call and triage a live issue as necessary
- Mentor junior engineers and share knowledge with the rest of the Engineering community at Riot
- Recruit and interview high quality engineers
- Java, Python, Golang
- Broad understanding of cloud architectures and principles
- General understanding of RDBMS maintenance and performance tuning.
- Java, Spring
- Message Bus (RabbitMQ, MSMQ, WebSphere, et.al)
- Docker, Kubernetes
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).