Senior Software Engineer - Player Platform: Client Team
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and over 100 million people now play the game every month. Whether you're in Rio, Seoul, or Moscow, you can find an excited and engaged community of League players. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer on Player Platform, you’ll be a key contributor to the building of creative solutions to difficult problems that delight our players.
Our team will rely on you to guide the way we make technical decisions, ensure that standard methodologies are being followed, and foster the growth of the engineers around you. You should be able to inspire change both within your team and without, ensuring that your team’s technical choices are consistent with and contribute to the wider initiative technical plan.
The Player Platform initiative builds the player-facing software and systems that are shared between games at Riot. You will be an integral member of a multi-functional team that is building the common platform on which Riot will build future games. We're seeking engineers who can bring new ideas to a wide variety of projects including desktop applications, globally scaled services like chat and accounts, and SDKs to enable game teams to deliver these experiences across different operating systems and platforms. Together, we will write outstanding code and tests while contributing to the product that will power Riots future games.
The Client team within Player Platform focuses on delivering game-agnostic player facing experiences, including: authentication, installation and patching of games, and settings that will support Riot's future products.
- Write code in a variety of languages to deliver software to millions of players
- Develop a strong sense of code ownership; identify owners for poorly owned code and help owners plan for the future of that code
- Deliver high quality software by writing unit, functional, and integration tests
- Keep track of technical debt; understand when to make tradeoffs and when to burn that debt down
- Provide thorough and meaningful code review for other members of the team
- Partner with product owners to create the best possible experience for both players and game developers by providing clear insight into technical requirements and limitations
- Dedicatedly mentors other specialists in the hard and soft skills they need
- Own creation of technical designs and champion them to the rest of the organization
- Estimate the size and complexity of work for planning
- Take the lead in technical phone screens and onsite panels to vet other engineers for hiring
- Supporting experiences in Python or Go
- Jenkins, Docker, Terraform
- Perforce, Git
- Experience with one or more of the following: microservices architecture, desktop (PC/Mac) client/service application architecture, web application design and architecture, web services development, API/SDK architecture and development
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).