Established in early 2016, the Hong Kong Studio is Riot’s first international game development studio. We’re a diverse team, representing 15 nationalities and partnering with teams in the LA headquarters on our flagship title League of Legends, and on an unannounced R&D project, putting the “s” in Riot Games.
While operating like a startup—with autonomy and total ownership—we’re doubling down on our ambitions to build out a world-class studio in a vibrant, international city, on a continent that is home to the League of Legends World Champion teams for the last seven years running. The Hong Kong Studio is searching the planet for talented, passionate people, across all aspects of game development, to help build Riot’s blueprint for a global, multi-studio world... and to make great games!
As a further step forward, we’ve done away with the traditional hierarchical title structure. Even though titles don’t really matter at any Riot office, taking this extra step helps reinforce our desire to keep teamwork at the forefront of what we do. Focusing on working together helps promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity so every Rioter can thrive while we relentlessly pursue games.
That's where you come in.
As the Audio Lead for the Studio, you'll drive the efforts with other creative passionate individuals, rally them around the ultimate goal to build exquisite sound assets for League of Legends and R&D projects. Ideating, implementing and conceiving audio content for our games, your work with various different teams, defining sound, music and other audio needs, as well as develop solutions to complex audio problems.
- An audio strategist: as an experienced leader and patient mentor, you will set the audio strategy for the HK studio, build the audio team and shepherd them to success, also via effectively working with external vendors, leading contractors and/or other audio technicians.
- Game nurtured: you bring shown experience with the development of end-to-end game audio production, including sound effects, voiceover, music, middleware implementation and audio-system technology.
- A methodologist: you can inform what the standard methodology and optimal workflows look like. Elevating audio quality through feedback and support, giving clear direction and ensuring that intent makes it into the game uncompromised
- A trusted partner: Excellent communicator, collaborator, with superb interpersonal and organisational skills
- Build and maintain a sustainable and scalable approach for audio production for HK studio's projects
- Identify, define and implement audio-department needs in order to succeed. This could mean obtaining relevant software, hardware, and/or other tools and requirements.
- Accountable for execution - craft and implement action plans for future success of the team and project, with an emphasis on tangible results
- Handle performance and elevate direct reports through mentoring & coaching
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.