Riot Games was established in 2006 by ambitious gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in incredible games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
Riot Games' Hong Kong Studio is our first international development studio outside Los Angeles. With hundred-year histories' dim sum tea houses sitting across the street from modern skyscrapers lighting up the horizon, we're inspired by the city's ability to look forward without forgetting the past. Our office towers 72 floors high in the Central district of this major international hub in Asia, giving us a bird's-eye view of the buzzing metropolis and keeping Rioters close to its heartbeat.
Titles don’t really matter at any of Riot’s offices, but we chose to take an extra step in the Hong Kong Studio to break the constraints of traditional hierarchical title structures that are more common in this region. We believe that removing titles will promote individual autonomy, ownership, teamwork, and a focus on results. We promise you won’t need a title at the Studio to make an impact!
We’re looking for a low ego leader who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We accept those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraint.
While Audio Leaders are deeply variable and bring many experiences, we expect each one at Riot to be:
That's where you come in.
As the Audio Leader, you'll drive the efforts with other creative passionate individuals, rally them around the ultimate goal to build exquisite sound assets. Ideating, implementing and conceiving audio content for our games, your work with various different teams, defining sound, music and other audio needs, as well as develop solutions to complex audio problems.
- An audio strategist: as an experienced leader and patient mentor, you will set the audio strategy for the HK studio, build the audio team and shepherd them to success, also via effectively working with external vendors, leading contractors and/or other audio technicians.
- Game nurtured: you bring shown experience with the development of end-to-end game audio production, including sound effects, voiceover, music, middleware implementation and audio-system technology.
- A methodologist: you can inform what the standard methodology and optimal workflows look like. Elevating audio quality through feedback and support, giving clear direction and ensuring that intent makes it into the game uncompromised
- A trusted partner: Excellent communicator, collaborator, with superb interpersonal and organisational skills
- Build and maintain a sustainable and scalable approach for audio production for HK studio's projects
- Identify, define and implement audio-department needs in order to succeed. This could mean obtaining relevant software, hardware, and/or other tools and requirements.
- Accountable for execution - craft and implement action plans for future success of the team and project, with an emphasis on tangible results
- Handle performance and elevate direct reports through mentoring & coaching
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.