Software Engineer - Unpublished R&D Product, Content Support
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and over 100 million people now play the game every month. Whether you're in Rio, Seoul, or Moscow, you can find an excited and engaged community of League players. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll be exposed to both new and current technology while building innovative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and deliver player value.
As Software Engineers on the R&D team you are responsible for helping Riot build and deliver a brand new AAA title. You will keep the players experience in mind as you build systems and features to support one of our new games. You will also work collaboratively with artists, designers, and producers to deliver genre-defining experiences to our players.
- Help build the engine technology that powers one of our new AAA games
- Work to monitor and increase the performance of the game client
- Build, implement, and improve tools for artists across multiple platforms
- Work to resolve pipeline issues and to identify areas for improvement
- Work collaboratively with Artist and Art teams to help realize the overall vision of the game
Role Requirements and Applicable Technologies:
- 4+ years of experience
- BS or equivalent experience
- Expert in C++
- Expert in low-level optimization
- Working knowledge of how to integrate common content types into games
- Familiarity working in an agile environment
- Experience working in games industry is preferred, but not necessary
- Strong communication skills
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00)