Visual Designer - Unpublished R&D Product
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and over 100 million people now play the game every month. Whether you're in Rio, Seoul or Moscow, you can find an excited and engaged community of League players. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games creates exciting and complex challenges for Visual Designers.
Riot Visual Designers seek to craft the best player experiences through their knowledge of systemic design, graphic design, interactivity, layout, typography, color theory, and illustration. Designers collaborate with cross disciplinary teams and act as both artistic and design problem solvers. They understand players and ask questions about the what, who, and how when solving for an interface or communication challenge.
As a Visual Designer on an R&D product you will design game interfaces, create mock-ups and style guides, illustrate icons, and create other UI assets for games. In this role you will work closely with the Art Director, Visual Design Lead as well as other artists, UX Designers, Game Designers and Engineers in a close cross-disciplinary manner.
- Craft efficient and polished painted icons, buttons, menu layouts, and any other visual assets
- Work cross functionally to execute the creative vision and strategy for your initiative
- Craft visually balanced and intuitive interfaces that show a deep understanding of readability, hierarchy, and player behavior patterns
- Build style guides and communicate conventions for future product iterations and new content
- Create and apply design solutions across multiple layouts, platforms, and devices
- Collaborate with product partners and vision holders to prioritize changes and influence delivery goals
- Innovate off of existing assets
- Seek mentorship and feedback from the discipline artists and community
- Work with UX designers and producers to visualize various interface systems in and around the game
- Iterate on the look and feel set by Art Leads by using your arsenal of layout, composition, and typography knowledge
- 2+ years of game development experience (pc, mobile, console)
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Visual Designer or UI Artist
- Solid knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects
- Experience in a secondary area such as motion graphics, illustration, animation, or modeling
- Familiarity with Unity and Perforce is a plus
We will review your work as a part of the application process, so please provide a portfolio with your application.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00)