Software Engineer - Unpublished R&D Product, Core Services
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and over 100 million people now play the game every month. Whether you're in Rio, Seoul, or Moscow, you can find an excited and engaged community of League players. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll be exposed to both new and current technology while building innovative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and deliver player value.
As Software Engineers on the R&D team you are responsible for helping Riot build and deliver a brand new AAA title. You will keep the players experience in mind as you build systems and features to support one of our new games. You will also work collaboratively with artists, designers, and producers to deliver genre-defining experiences to our players.
- Design, build, and deliver internet scale backend services for genre-defining games we will deliver globally to millions of people
- Own building features from in-game all the way down to the backend service implementation
- Build features to improve server reliability and performance
- Implement server infrastructure in support of new gameplay features
- Build and support live services for the game
- Work with cloud technologies and services such as AWS
- Mentor more junior engineers on the team
- Collaborate effectively with art, design, and other disciplines within game development
Role Requirements and Applicable Technologies:
- 4+ years of experience
- BS degree or equivalent experience
- Expertise with C#, Java, Golang, or similar language(s)
- Experience with cloud computing and cloud technologies
- Experience building large scale backend systems or game services
- Previous experience working in the games industry is preferred, but not necessary
- Strong communication skills
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).