Senior Infrastructure Engineer - Infrastructure Platform
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends, and over 100 million people now play the game every month. Whether you're in Rio, Seoul, or Moscow, you can find an excited and engaged community of League players. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
Infrastructure Engineers at Riot play a significant role in supporting our global player base by using their expertise to build efficient infrastructure solutions. We're looking for a rare mix of knowledge and hands on experience with a number of infrastructure specializations, as well as depth of expertise in an at least two of those areas. Your specializations could include operating systems such as Linux, or Windows, or experience with infrastructure and hardware areas such as databases, provider networking, data center networking, or data centers.
Infrastructure Engineers seek to eliminate the need for human interaction with infrastructure by automating responses to alerting, deployments, and configurations of software, while living in the world of Infrastructure as Code. We're knowledgeable in how and when to use automation frameworks like Python, Terraform, or Ansible, we understand the basic concepts of software programming, and readily use scripting or code to craft simple tools to make it easier for Rioters to ship code!
As an Infrastructure Engineer in the Infrastructure Platform team, you’ll be tasked with reducing developer pain for engineers across the company. By wielding your automation toolkit and knowledge of backend systems, you will design and implement scalable infrastructure solutions. This will involve interacting with software, network, and systems technologies within your immediate initiative, as well as collaborating with teams across Riot to understand their needs, and to provide support and guidance in order to create alignment for infrastructure solutions at Riot. You will work alongside a passionate team of software and infrastructure engineers. We combine strong expertise in networking, systems, and developer tooling to automate and improve the way we store, process, and distribute data for League of Legends, while also paving the road for future games.
- Optimize deployments and maintenance of physical servers within data centers
- Work with cloud service providers to automate tasks (deployments, maintenance, orchestration)
- Develop and maintain our Docker and Mesos based container engines
- Write automation using tools like Ansible or Salt within a CI/CD framework
- Create and maintain automation that orchestrates management of compute and network devices
- Design and evangelize infrastructure architecture for use across Riot
- Architect Riot’s data centers from physical assets (servers, network devices, rack design) through to location and global connectivity
- Respond to and diagnose emerging systems errors
- Produce comprehensive user documentation around your implemented solutions
- Mentor and lead other Rioters
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or comparable field
- 6+ years industry experience
- Experience working with DevOps and Agile/Scrum teams
- Coding or scripting experience in a professional setting using languages such as, but not limited to: Python, Terraform, Ansible
- Knowledge of networking services (DNS), routing (BGP), protocols (TCP/IP), and tools (ping, tracert)
- Knowledge of local storage options and maintenance practices
- System administration and imaging technology for Windows and Linux servers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill for technical and non-technical audiences
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).