Software Engineer, Mac - Player Platform: Foundation (Contract)
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Contract Software Engineer on the Player Platform: Foundation team, you'll work with both new and current technology, building creative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to deliver player value.
The Player Platform initiative builds the player-facing software and systems that are shared between games at Riot. You will be an integral member of a multi-functional team that is building the common platform on which Riot will build future games. We need engineers who can bring new ideas to a wide variety of projects including desktop applications, globally scaled services like chat and accounts, and SDKs to enable game teams to deliver these experiences across different operating systems and platforms. Together, we will write outstanding code and tests while contributing to the product that will power Riot's future games.
- Write code in Objective C and C++ to deliver software to a global gaming audience.
- Port features to native macOS for better Mac player experience.
- Deliver high quality software by writing unit, functional, and integration tests.
- Participate as a code reviewer for other members of the team.
- Partner with product owners to craft the best possible experience for both players and game developers by providing clear insight into technical requirements and limitations.
- Contribute to technical designs with the rest of your team.
- Estimate the size and complexity of work for planning.
- Participate in phone screens and onsite panels during the hiring of other specialists.
- Deep knowledge with Objective-C and C++, previous macOS development experience a plus.
- Jenkins, Docker, Terraform
- Perforce, Git
- High scale database solutions
- Experience with one or more of the following: microservices architecture, desktop (PC/Mac) client/service application architecture, web application design and architecture, web services development, API/SDK architecture and development
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).