Senior Software Engineer - League of Legends, Core Platform Team
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends ("LoL") and over 100 million people now play the game every month. Whether you're in Rio, Seoul, or Moscow, you can find an excited and engaged community of League players. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Riot, you possess deep understanding of the entire development cycle while honing your craft in at least one area of specialization. Not only will you have the opportunity to work with the ground breaking technology needed to handle the scale of players interacting with Riot's primary product, you will also be empowered to explore new solutions to surprise and delight our existing and future players.
You will work on the Core Platform Team (CPT), which serves as the central backend engineering team for LoL. You will develop and maintain scalable infrastructure that supports one of the largest games in the world with over 100 million monthly active players. Your goal will be to streamline the platform into a distributed system of microservices. The team consists of dedicated mentors, curious engineers, and contributors with extensive background in delivering platforms of significant scale. Are you eager for learning & growth? Do you want to work on highly scalable, player-facing web-services? If so, this is a perfect role for you.
- The primary responsibility for this position is as an individual contributor software engineer, writing code and authoring architectural design documents.
- Identifying and resolving systemic issues across the product
- Participating in interviewing and act as a key influencer for hiring decisions
- Help with mentoring and career development of more junior engineers
- Will be participating in the on call rotation
- Developing/testing/deploying/maintaining platforms and microservices
- Pairing with other software engineers, increase our pairing pool
- You should have demonstrated abilities to complete full projects of a scope/complexity larger than a single individual end-to-end feature, inclusive of breaking down the project and working across multiple contributors and potentially multiple disciplines.
- Experience developing, testing, deploying, maintaining web services/microservices
- Experience with back-end SW tools and technologies (MySql, Java, Go, etc.)
- Experience with cloud-based services like AWS, Azure, or other proprietary variants
- Site Reliability Engineering-like experience developing and operating web services at scale
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).