Senior Gameplay Engineer (R&D)
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Whether you're in Rio, Seoul or Moscow, you can find an excited and engaged community of our players. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You'll lead by example and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of exemplary engineering.
We are looking for veteran Gameplay Engineers for Riot's exciting new games who are expert in state of the art gameplay technology and will intimately work with to empower the team to realize a mechanical or aesthetic vision for the moment-to-moment experience of the game. You have intuitive product-sense and are a development-savvy technologist with the ability to mentor others through highly complex yet fun projects. With your gameplay toolbox and diverse perspective, you'll ideate, explore, debate, and develop across game genres to deliver groundbreaking games into players' hands. Do you care deeply for game development and are passionate about bringing a project to life? Then work with us to create amazing experiences for players.
APPLICABLE SKILLS & TECHNOLOGY:
- 5+ years of experience
- BS or equivalent experience
- Strong OO programming experience
- Deep knowledge in large systems design and core areas of gameplay development such as AI, combat, physics, levels, inventory, etc.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational chops
- Experience in designing, developing, and shipping games
- Excellent debugging skills
- Ability to self-direct and measure success individually and collectively with teams
- Ability to collaborate and iterate with cross-disciplinary teammates
- Strong sense of ownership
- Capable of considering both player experience and content creation experience
- Familiarity working in an agile environment
- C++, C/C# preferred
- Working with popular game engines
- Wide experience in various game engines
- Design, develop and implement intricate gameplay systems and features
- Create and/or contribute to best practices, development process and coding standards
- Demonstrate a high bar of craft excellence for your team
- Cultivate your team's culture of collaboration, creativity and passion for game making
- Mentor and coach junior members to build talent over the long term
- Manage strong relationships between disciplines
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).