Lead Game Designer - League of Legends, Player Immersion & Experience
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Delivering unparalleled in-game experiences for a global audience while also building new games gives Game Designers exciting and complex problems to solve. Game Designers at Riot work to create the systems, mechanics, and content that make up a deeply resonant player experience. We explore how to best push the boundaries of that experience in order to create new and engaging moments for players.
As a Game Designer, you will design, tweak, and optimize the player experience. Your analytical skills, player insight, and creativity aid in crafting in- and out-of-game experiences that engage and surprise players. You will collaborate with interdisciplinary teams and work with every tool at hand to innovate and iterate player-focused designs that'll delight millions around the world.
A Lead Designer on the League of Legends Player Immersion & Experience team will be instrumental in designing for a cross-discipline team responsible for the monetization and player customization needs of League of Legends. Having exceptional player empathy will drive our decisions around new products and features that positively impact both the player experience and Riot’s bottom line in new and innovative ways.
- Partner with other leadership to drive a player focused vision forward
- Knowing when to push back on Product decisions that don't align well around how we monetize cosmetic player content
- You will drive and maintain exceptional quality execution while keeping a strict delivery schedule, across the entire product line
- Anticipate player needs and wants around acquisition and/or monetization of cosmetic and other non-game-impacting content
- Will champion a shared understanding of the player experience around new content and experiences outside of the core game, while keeping the effect on the core game in mind
- You'll influence senior leadership frequently regarding the product direction and strategy for player engagement with cosmetic and other content types
- Will be able to succinctly present new designs and features to senior product leadership team
- Work with insights to capture and break down data to inform and propose new player experiences
- Experience leading multiple projects, including planning, discovery, and execution phases in parallel
- Demonstrated an ability on multiple occasions to design and take large-scale products to market
- Led and generated novel solutions for large problem spaces at a systems-level
- Has a track record of creating complex or nuanced designs in a simple framework
- Has leadership experience resolving conflict, and (sometimes) offering difficult feedback with respect and poise
- Extensive experience coaching others on best-practices and design execution
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).