Engineering Manager - Unpublished R&D Product
ENGINEERING MANAGER, RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and over 100 million people now play the game every month. Whether you're in Rio, Seoul, or Moscow, you can find an excited and engaged community of League players. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. You’ll predominantly offer creative solutions to organizational design. You’ll also serve as a mentor for a wide range of engineers, overseeing performance management, growth opportunities, and accountability.
Our Research & Development teams are working towards putting the ‘s’ in Riot Games. As an Engineering Manager, you will help lead the evolution of Research & Development games and content (UI/UX, visuals, performance etc) throughout Alpha/Beta, into production. Our goal is to craft worldwide games that are generational and give our players rare experiences.
- Influence product vision - You will participate in discussions about our product vision and ensure that vision is clear to your team(s).
- Deliver results - You should know what’s being built and why. We are concerned with velocity, execution, quality, and technical debt.
- Communicating effectively - Communication is critical. Your tone should be positive and productive. It’s up to you to surface issues, opportunities, wins, and address them head-on.
- Build outstanding teams - You will establish teams that are balanced, highly functional and strongly aligned with Riot values.
- Maintaining team health - You will play a huge role in ensuring our teams are healthy. We want team members to be motivated, encouraged, and execute well.
- Performance & Development - Team member growth is essential. Where do people want to grow? What role is next for them? How can we help them to get there? We will hold them accountable for getting there while providing mentorship, coaching, and support.
- Handling tension - You should be able to be handle tension within and around the team. This could mean keeping a calm head, helping resolve conflicts or responding to emergent issues.
ROLE REQUIREMENTS AND APPLICABLE TECHNOLOGIES:
- Experience directly leading an engineering team.
- Previous experience in an gameplay engineering role.
- Knowledge of what it takes to ship a game.
- Understanding how development teams work is key.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Current experience with object-oriented languages.
- Delivering games across multiple platforms.
- Working with popular game engines.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).h