Senior Corporate Counsel
The Riot Legal Team has the responsibility to constantly provide the highest quality legal services that fully align with Riot’s company mission of putting players first. Figuring out what’s “best for the company” always begins with thinking about what’s “best for players.” Every policy or contract that we draft; every lawsuit that we file or defend against; every letter we send; and all the legal advice that we give to our business partners is always done with our players’ interests in mind.
As Senior Corporate Counsel, your legal chops and high-octane brain power will fuel your knack for problem-solving and answering tough questions. You're confident and capable, ready to adapt in the midst of ambiguity, facing down known and unknown challenges that await you. You'll offer solid advice to fellow Rioters and help iron out any encroaching legal and regulatory wrinkles and spring into action if alarm bells ring.
- Lead investment or M&A transactions, including managing outside counsel and leading diligence teams
- Work with Finance, Accounting, Treasury, and Tax teams on corporate and compliance matters, including governance, financial audits, and corporate structuring
- Assist with counseling the Board and senior executive team on corporate matters, and draft and maintain corporate minutes and resolutions
- Train and level up your practice to assist on non-corporate related legal matters as a generalist, including commercial agreements, tech transactions, and other games-related and IP advising.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements including vendor, licensing and publishing agreements and our IT/IP arrangements
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations.
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to meaningful parties within the organization.
- Advise and report to legal leadership, charting the course for big projects and long-term tactics.
- Manage and grease the wheels of Riot's relationships with specialized outside counsel.
- JD from a top-tier U.S. law school and a membership in at least one US state bar
- Minimum of five years of experience from a multi-national law firm doing corporate and transactional work.
- Significant experience leading or managing transactions in the M&A, VC, or corporate finance space a requirement. Experience with IP or tech transactions, or tech or start-up type companies a plus.
- Additional in-house experience and interest in IP or the video games or entertainment/tech sector considered favorably.
- Ability to approach issues from all angles with a strategic mindset and play a core role in defining Riot's overall strategy.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to exercise good judgment in the unknown
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).