Employee Relations Manager
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide. Riot’s Talent Discipline has a shared identity of caring deeply about the player experience - it’s our mission to build a work environment where Rioters can do their best work for players. We demonstrate our craft knowledge in the human resources field, whether it is sourcing, hiring, performance management, total rewards, or learning and development to support Riot Games. That's where you come in.
Riot’s People team exists to help Rioters make better decisions around its talent. We bring our expertise to all of those typical HR activities such as hiring, on-boarding, training and development, diversity and inclusion, performance management, benefits, perks, compensation, big events, labor relations, offboarding so that all Rioters can flourish
As a Employee Relations Manager on the People team, you will own all things Rioter relations. You are the go-to authority for advising and handling Rioter relations matters to ensure the best possible experience for every Rioter. You’ll investigate complicated issues and navigate them efficiently to ensure that everyone involved is protected and on the right side of the law. Your stellar interpersonal and communication skills will come in handy as you handle confidential info with sensitivity and tact. You will mentor, grow, and provide guidance to Rioters globally.
- Conduct HR-related investigations to include: gathering and analyzing facts, applying relevant laws and policies and practices, to reach conclusions and recommended actions, partnering with internal employment attorneys.
- Provide expertise and case management of Rioter Relations issues, from initial intake to resolution, in collaboration with the Head of Rioter Relations, HR Business Partner, Legal, and discipline/product leadership.
- Maintain required documentation, including intake, investigative notes, and final reports.
- Interpret and apply understanding of Riot’s practices, policies, and employment law to provide advice, mentorship, or clarification for Rioter Relations inquiries.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Federal, state, and local employment law, administration of leaves of absences, ADA, accommodations, and investigations such as sexual harassment
- Ability to regularly context shift in a heavily matrixed environment
- Strong business and HR acumen, including strong critical thinking, analysis, and problem solving abilities.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in and manage ambiguity - dealing with issues that do not always have a process or a system in place
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business, other relevant field, or equivalent work experience.
- Broad HR knowledge and experience, minimum 5 years of experience.
- 3+ years of direct employee or labor relations and investigations experience.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).