Analyst - League of Legends, Growth
The Insights discipline empowers Rioters' decision-making to be more data-informed. We're an interdisciplinary group of scientists, consultants, and strategists from all sorts of backgrounds who join together to represent and advocate for players around the world. We believe that illuminating the globally diverse experiences, behaviors, and needs of players is essential to Riot living up to our player-focused mission. We're a group united by our love of games, science, and helping others succeed.
Are you looking for a career where your can combine your passions with your strategic skills, where your analytical prowess can be used alongside your love of games? As an Analyst at Riot Games, you'll use the data generated across our ecosystem to better understand our audiences and systems. Your technical skill set, audience empathy, and ability to understand complex systems will ensure that we understand the implications of our work on our audiences.
In this role, you’ll join the Growth Team, where you will be a part of the team that welcomes new players joining us on the Rift from performance marketing or new player product features. At a high level, you will support both marketing and product teams with data-powered insights that allow the teams to optimize their efforts. Some examples of tasks would be to evaluate performance marketing projects, build LTV models based on player types, and make feature recommendations that better surface the fun of League of Legends to new players. For example, driving impact here could mean working with product teams to refactor the tutorial based on an analysis you conducted around various parts of its effectiveness. It could also mean forecasting the value of marketing to different audiences, which is crucial in making decisions around advertising. Driving impact might also mean making recommendations about which markets to invest in more heavily based on market penetration and other factors. Helping as many gamers find League is the goal that you would own from end to end.
- Partner with your product team to generate insights and frameworks that’ll inform how we build our products and experiences with an acquisition, retention, and monetization focus
- Provide strategic insights to help develop the teams’ assumptions and inform their actions, specifically in relation to performance & brand marketing and new product development
- Collect, transform, and analyze complex data to more deeply understand our audience and their behaviors
- Recommend and Develop new data visualization dashboards for key metrics
- Partnering with regional offices to help analyze and guide regional marketing efforts
- Partner with Research to determine test sizing, analyze key quantitative results to make recommendations to the team
- Share your results with other Rioters in clear, illustrative presentations and dashboards
- Mentor other analysts, helping them learn from your own experiences
- Minimum of three years professional work experience analyzing large data sets, visualizing information, and informing company strategy
- Experience working in User Acquisition/Performance Marketing, growth marketing within the gaming or related industries a plus.
- Experience working on products that include live services or subscription services a plus.
- BA in Economics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Management Information Systems, or a related discipline
- Deep experience with Tableau data visualization
- Knowledgeable in or capable to learn SQL or other relational database approaches
- Knowledgeable in Python or other scripting language a plus
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).