Insight Manager (China)
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As an Insight Manager in our Shanghai office, you will be working closely with a team of fellow gamers and business professionals, you will develop a variety of research and analysis efforts and see them through the execution of programs that bring value, excitement, and trust to the players in China. You'll work closely with brand, commerce, communications, production, creatives, marketing and our partner teams as well as third-party vendors to reach new heights for Riot’s games. You'll collaborate with key stakeholders from across the company on the best way to make sure quality insights are applied when we make decisions
- An Experienced Insight Expert: With more than 5+ years of experience in user research or business intelligence related jobs, you know the concept of user research inside out, including structure, execution, and reporting of research programs; you are knowledgeable about all steps within the user research domain, and have worked on multiple projects that impact business and product decision making
- Strategic and Insight-informed: you have the ability to see the big picture and utilize your suite of skills to level up your team’s creative ideas; you back up strong player understanding with well-documented analysis, metrics and recommendations.
- A problem solver: when problems appear, you're skilled in finding the best solution in a timely manner, applying your methodical approach to clean up even the stickiest of situations; you look past the obvious answer, checking in with all sources to uncover any hidden issues lying dormant.
- Analytical and communicative: you’re naturally curious, collaborating with others to explore and examine Social Listening needs and craft queries that yield accurate, actionable info; your insights can thrive whether they’re communicated in concise emails or long form presentations.
- A T-Shaped Contributor: You are able to think and contribute broadly, across a number of publishing sub-disciplines and functions, but also able to dive deeply into publishing operations and campaign management tactics
- A Bilingual Communicator: You speak and write fluent English and Chinese while having an in-depth knowledge about the Chinese gaming culture; you are a phenomenal communicator, not only you can speak your mind directly, you can layout the logics behind; you are persuasive towards internal stakeholders as well as external partners
- A Player-Focused Champion: You understand diehard fandom and can empathize with our most avid players; you know the importance of listening to player needs because you are a player too; you understand that every decision you made would impact players in different ways, so you are mindful about creating seamless, player-worthy experiences.
- An Entrepreneur at Heart: You either have entrepreneurial experience or an entrepreneurial spirit, which means you're willing to take risks; you care about challenge and potential, not titles or the size of your team
- Plan, design and lead external vendors to deliver research projects by working closely with Riot teams across publishing, commerce, e-sports and business development. Support and coordinate with global or partner initiated research projects to ensure smooth team work and project delivery in local market
- Adopt, manage and promote internal data products to add value to Riot China business. As a case in point, help localize and operate a global Social Listening solution that provides multi-channel player sentiment monitoring and topic based ad-hoc user feedback analysis. Inspire and coach with your peer marketing/publishing associates to leverage data products like global social listening tools and capabilities.
- Establish and leverage KPIs & query methodologies that helps Riot best contextualize solutions that smash player’s expectations.
- Turn complex problems into structured projects that can be split up amongst a team, and manage the production process from hypotheses to final deliverables.
- Work with leaders across Riot to understand how decisions are made and how your team can better inform them, from gameplay to marketing to global planning.