PR and Communications Manager
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As PR and Communications Manager, SEA you'll lead the public relations efforts for the Southeast Asia region while working with outside PR agencies and media. You'll develop relationships with meta- and digital media outlets, both enthusiast and mainstream, as well as create and execute successful PR strategies that'll help bring our games to more players across the region. To do this, you'll utilize your education, PR experience in gaming, affinity for Riot and our games, and no-BS communication skills to craft stories that connect with current and future players.
As a Singapore Rioter, you'll join an entrepreneurial team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our obsession with player experience, a maniacal passion for gaming and rejection of convention.
- Educated and experienced: you have several years of gaming industry PR experience wrangling under your belt; you're well-versed with the nuances of working with agencies and third-party companies
- A consummate communicator: you're a communicative dual-threat, able to clearly and succinctly express yourself in either written or verbal mediums; you're fluent in English and ideally Mandarin or another Southeast Asian language
- A PR dynamo: you're a one-stop public relations boutique, able to successfully create, plan, and execute strategic yet creative PR initiatives with a focus on sharing great stories; you know that PR's all about relationships, so you've built and fostered rapport with multiple PC gaming publications
- Autonomous: you don't need to be given continual direction and know how to manage yourself; you're meticulously organized with an unquenchable drive for results
- A gaming guru: you've been gaming since the dark days of dial-up and consider gaming an integral part of your daily routine
- Define and execute our regional PR strategy across Southeast Asia, ensuring its consistency with global strategy while supporting the expansion of of our region specifically
- Lead and organize events with our PR agencies including media tours, media events, and trade shows in Southeast Asia as well as overseas
- Develop, edit, and approve press related materials like media alerts, press kits, interviews, and other essential routes of communication
- Identify and report on digital/social media trends, tactics, and technologies while developing strategic recommendations that inform PR programs
- Foster relationships with agencies, editorial publications, bloggers, and other media outlets
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.