Public Relations & Communications Lead, SEA
Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience, and beyond! We’re looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently and aren’t afraid to experiment. That's where you come in.
As the Communications Lead (Southeast Asia) you will lead our communications efforts for the region across PR, community, influencers, and social channels, while working with our agency partner(s). You'll develop relationships with media outlets, both endemic and non-endemic, while building and executing successful PR strategies to help put our games in front of players around the region. You'll use your education, communications experience, affinity for Riot and our games, to craft stories that connect with all players. You will report into the Head of Marketing in Singapore.
As a Singapore Rioter, you’ll join an internationally and culturally diverse team of professionals that share our obsession with player experience. The Singapore team oversees not only Singapore but the Southeast Asia region: Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Singapore, Indonesia, Vietnam, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau.
- Build our regional communications strategy across Southeast Asia, ensuring consistency with Riot's global strategy
- Lead the development of our community and influencer strategy
- Lead the development of our social channel strategy
- Lead and champion relationships with agencies, editorial publications, bloggers, and other media outlets
- Lead and organize events including media tours, media events, and trade shows in Southeast Asia
- Develop and approve press-related materials such as media alerts, press kits, interviews, and other essential routes of communication
- Identify and report on applicable media trends, tactics, and technologies while developing strategic recommendations that inform our communications programs
- 7+ years of Communications experience, with a solid portion of that time spent in gaming
- Experience in community engagement and social channel management
- Experience implementing successful communications campaigns with passionate audiences
- Experience working across several markets within greater Southeast Asia
- Multi-market PR agency experience
- Experience launching games across a variety of platforms (ex. PC, mobile, console)
- Fluency in Mandarin or a Southeast Asian language (ex. Vietnamese, Thai, Bahasa, etc)
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
- Full relocation support
- Health insurance for you and qualified dependents
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).