PR and Communications Lead, SEA
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a balanced disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
Riot Games Singapore is dedicated to building unrivaled player experiences. As a Singapore Rioter, you’ll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share an obsession with player experience, and a passion for gaming. The Riot Singapore team is responsible for all of Southeast Asia, with on the ground teams focused on esports, publishing, and strategy. Our focus markets are Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Singapore, Indonesia, Vietnam, and Taiwan.
As the PR and Communications Lead (Southeast Asia) you will run point on communications efforts for the region while working with our PR agency partner(s) and media. You'll develop relationships with media outlets, both endemic and non-endemic, while building and executing successful PR strategies that will help put our games in front of players around the region. You'll utilize your education, PR experience, affinity for Riot and our games, and communication skills to craft stories that connect with current and future players.
- Define and execute our regional communications strategy across Southeast Asia, ensuring consistency with Riot's global strategy
- Lead and champion relationships with agencies, editorial publications, bloggers, and other media outlets
- Lead and organize events including media tours, media events, and trade shows in Southeast Asia
- Lead the development and implementation of our influencer strategy
- Develop, edit, and approve press-related materials such as media alerts, press kits, interviews, and other essential routes of communication
- Identify and report on applicable media trends, tactics, and technologies while developing strategic recommendations that inform our communications programs
- Educated and experienced: you have 7+ years of PR and Communications experience under your belt, with a solid portion of that time spent in gaming. Strong bonus points for multi-market PR agency experience
- A consummate communicator: you're a communicative dual-threat, able to clearly and succinctly express yourself in either written or verbal mediums; you're fluent in English and ideally Mandarin or a Southeast Asian language
- A PR dynamo: one-stop public relations boutique shop, able to successfully craft, plan, and execute strategic yet creative PR initiatives with a focus on sharing great stories; you know that PR is all about relationships, so you've built and developed rapport with relevant publications. You are well-versed with the nuances of working with agencies and third-parties
- Autonomous: you don't need to be given continual direction and know how to manage yourself; you're meticulously organized with an unquenchable drive for results
- A gaming guru: you've been gaming since the dark days of dial-up and consider gaming an integral part of your daily routine. You can understand and empathize with gamers and authentically communicate with them.
- A Southeast Asia pro: you have spent most of your career based in SEA and have worked with or in a variety of countries across the region
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).