Software Engineer - Developer Systems Solutions
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll be exposed to both new and current technology while building innovative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and deliver player value.
As a Software Engineer on the Developer Systems Solutions (DSS) team, you'll work with varying cutting-edge technologies in order to approach problems that challenge not only Riot but the industry as a whole. DSS aims to provide Riot developers with the ultimate developer experience. You'll be constructing a global ecosystem to create, build, and ship products safely, quickly, and sustainably. As a member of our team you’ll help build the infrastructure, services and tools that’ll empower all of Riot Engineering to "level up".
- Mentor and provide technical guidance to Associate-level Engineers
- Develop reliable software using test-driven methodologies
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support, improvements, and documentation in existing systems and platforms
- Design, develop, and deploy APIs and microservices for Riot-wide consumption
- Collaborate multi-functionally with game developers, IT, security, and other engineering groups to incorporate customer feedback and achieve elegant solutions
- Provide recommendations and drive process for continuous improvement
- Work alongside other specialists to elevate technology and consistently apply the highest degree of standards
- Maintain total ownership of work by developing software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Contribute to and adopt Riot engineering standards and standard methodologies
Role Requirements and Applicable Technologies:
- 3+ years of experience
- Proficiency with at least one of the following languages: Java, Python, Go, C#
- Familiarity with DevOps practices (Cloud & OnPrem) and experience building and deploying infrastructure utilizing technology such as ansible, chef, puppet, etc.
- Deep understanding of design patterns, test-driven development, and automated testing frameworks
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Capable of delivering on multiple contending priorities with little supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Experience with AWS (or comparable cloud environments)
- Experience with front-web development / frameworks
- Experience with mobile app development
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).