Social Media Strategist
Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience, and beyond!
We’re looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently and aren’t afraid to experiment. That's where you come in.
As Social Media Strategist in the Berlin team, you'll collaborate with the Publishing Team, On-Air Talent, Broadcast and external agencies to lead the social media strategy and efforts that drive players passion for the League of Legends European Championship (LEC). We're looking for someone who is creative, and passionate builder of communities.
As part of the EU Esports Publishing team in Berlin, you will report into the Editor in Chief and join a small but impactful team of passionate creators who bring amazing content to our players every week.
- You will develop the social media strategy for the League of Legends European Championship (LEC); shape our voice on social media channels and cement our place as the #1 esports league in the social space
- You will create content, activations, channel management, and storytelling framework on social media
- Collaborate closely with publishing, broadcast, player management, our central and regional offices, all to develop player insights that drive development in our online presence
- Collaborate with creative agencies and vendors to develop social activations, content, and campaigns that support important projects
- You will identify opportunities to develop programs that promote long term fandom
- Partner with analytics to identify our social media KPIs and measure the effectiveness of social media campaigns
- Maintain relationships with social media partners and identify trends in the space
- You have at least 4 years' of professional experience with social media and defining their long-term strategies
- You have deep knowledge and experience managing social accounts, creating and executing social media campaigns that deliver value to players in unique and memorable ways
- You root insights in analysis metrics and stats, and know how to turn an insight into a big idea
- You use your gaming experience to analyze industry marketing campaigns, evaluating their strengths and weaknesses and spotting opportunities for improvement; if you're not playing games, you're watching your favorite teams battle it out online
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will certainly be looking at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, marital status, or any other category protected by law.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.