Product Manager - League of Legends, Growth
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide. That's where you come in.
In our Product Management Discipline at Riot, we lead passionate and dedicated multi-disciple teams through building creative content and incredible experiences for players around the world. We inspire teams to collaborate, we guide development, and we smash through obstacles to empower projects and provide new experiences into players’ hands. We aim to meet and exceed expectations by helping concept, deliver and improve creative projects at every stage of production.
As the Product Manager for the Growth team, you will report to the Delivery Lead. You will focus on the early player life-cycle carry the torch for efforts to acquire and reactivate players. You'll be responsible for ideating, building, running, and analyzing programs that present League of Legends in resonant ways to grow and retain the games’ audience. You likely have years of experience with leading software product teams, identifying impactful player-centric features, and driving goals, coupled with strong analytical and creative thinking. Through leading this multi-discipline team (Product Growth, Engineering, UX/UI Design, QA) you will conceive of and deliver amazing new player-focused products and features that also deliver on metrics-driven goals around player retention and acquisition.
- You will plan and lead the product strategy and roadmap for new player features - including working with internal partners and development teams to prioritize the backlog based on game development initiatives, ongoing data analysis
- You will define, design, and lead key game features that further the overall strategic vision of the product including improving acquisition and retention
- You will lead analytical and quantitative analysis to predict important metric-based performance of features and monitor game performance, tune mechanics, and identify new features to impact critical metrics
- You will develop a deep global understanding of our players to partner with product teams and regional publishing teams, and develop campaigns that will win hearts and minds all over the world
- You will partner with the Insights (Research & Analytics) team to use existing research, internal data, and market analysis to support your recommendations
- Combine player-centric brand strategies with data informed tactics to drive performance across regional metrics
- 5+ years of Product Management experience, preferably in the game industry with shown success using data informed approaches to develop impactful player-focused products.
- Leadership capabilities with multi-discipline teams to achieve a core goal.
- Technical background with strength in utilizing data analysis tools and methodology (SQL, excel modeling, Google Analytics, etc)
- You understand die-hard fandom and can empathize with our most avid players; you know the importance of listening to player needs because you are a player too.
- Medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.