Engineering Manager - Wild Rift, Console
In 2009, Riot released its debut title, League of Legends, and over 100 million people now play the game every month. Whether you're in Rio, Seoul, or Moscow, you can find an excited and engaged community of League players. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
Riot Engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work in many broader domains. As an Engineering Manager, you’ll predominantly offer creative solutions to organizational design. You’ll also serve as a mentor for a team of engineers, overseeing performance management, growth opportunities, and accountability.
As the Engineering Manager for League of Legends: Wild Rift's Console team, you will report to the product's Engineering Director, and lead the console platform development work for the game. (To learn more about Wild Rift you can click here!) This is a global and multi-platform product, so you will work with development teams both in LA and across the globe. You will collaborate with the other discipline and tech leads to establish a clear vision and goals for the team. You will play a fundamental role to help us build the strategy for console development through guiding our technical understanding and direction in the console space at Riot in addition to League of Legends: Wild Rift.
- Set the technical direction and standards for the console versions of the product
- Lead and contribute to technical design and implementation, using your broad knowledge to guide tough technical decision-making
- Manage the team’s process for delivering high-quality experiences to players, lifting the expertise and skills of people around you
- Work with large sets of varying requirements and driving decisions in the face of ambiguity
- Drive collaboration and agreement across disciplines and geographically dispersed teams
- Some amount of domestic travel (~1 week per quarter)
- Experience shipping console games on modern console technology
- Experience in game development; having shipped at least one title
- Experience directly leading a high performing engineering team
- Experience working with and leading geographically dispersed teams (much of this work is being carried out by an external partner outside of LA)
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- C++, C#, Unity experience
- Console multi-platform or mobile device games development experience
- Experience directly building engineering teams
- Experience working on co-development projects
- Experience working in a game publishing studio with multi-platform development
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).