Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 67 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Product Director focused on Riot Initiatives, you'll lead passionate cross-functional teams to create innovative internal platforms that’ll unlock Riot's ability to deliver player value. By leading teams, you'll drive development, smash through obstacles, and push projects across the finish-line. You'll meet and exceed expectations by helping concept, deliver, enhance, and influence projects at every stage of production. You'll do all of this in service of an ambitious transformation of Riot's company infrastructure into a highly adaptable, efficient, and effective machine that multiplies Riot's ability to deliver player value.
As a Santiago Rioter, you'll join a growing team of player-focused pros that share a rejection of convention and a maniacal passion for gaming. Riot Games Santiago is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players in LAS they aren't lost in translation.
- A hardcore gamer: your passion for video games is what drove you to the industry; you love games and take play seriously, you understand your impact on the player experience because you are a player too. You use that knowledge to improve the overall experience of all our games
- Educated and experienced: you've earned your bachelor's or you have at least 8 years of experience. Ideally, you´ve worked on the launch of a few AAA digital products (games, movies, apps) working with teams in an Agile environment as a Producer, Agile Coach, Project Manager, Development Manager, or Engineering Manager, and have worked with or led a team through a full product cycle, from ideation to production
- An Agile pro: you're fluent in—and avid advocate of—development best practices; you've successfully lead teams using a variety of Agile practices including Scrum, Kanban and Lean Product Management; you take a holistic, systems-thinking view of the product development lifecycle and adapt processes accordingly
- A seasoned leader: you're battle tested in a corporate environment and has already worn the mantle of leader several times; you've been through several campaigns of products that create value; you've shipped a product from ideation to delivery.
- A great manager: you have a keen eye for excellent talent who can grow and support your team to achieve excellent results
- A motivational mentor: you keep teams focused on results, growth and actionable feedback; you're emotionally attuned to others and are open about your own feelings, which helps you resolve conflicts quickly, comfortably, and respectfully
- A change agent: you raise concerns, challenge convention, and inspire people to move in new directions
- Directly lead the development efforts of autonomous and highly aligned teams towards their goals.
- Drive the execution of strategic initiatives by creating work systems that support effective sustainable work across multiple teams.
- Recruit, lead, inspire and coach the product team who will be responsible for local products & programs
- Ensure strategic alignment across multiple internal and external teams; guaranteeing that our products and services in the LAS office exceed the quality bar that players have come to expect of Riot
- Regularly assess the team's maturity, health, and composition, relentlessly striving for team cohesion and delivery excellence
- Create transparency and predictability across multiple teams via story mapping, roadmaps, sprint plans, burn-downs, cycle times, value stream maps and release reports
- Partner with leaders and teams across Riot Games to share your knowledge and drive organizational change.
- Drive for continuous improvement for yourself and your teams
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.