Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 67 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
As Staff Accountant, you’ll be a key financial expert, tracking and managing important fiscal info and communicating your findings with Rioters from all disciplines. You’re able to efficiently digest and compute high volumes of data, which helps you meet tight deadlines and simultaneously manage multiple money-related projects including journal entry prep, account recon, and the organization of Riot’s accounts as Uncle Sam sees fit.
- Educated and experienced: you earned a bachelor’s in Accounting, then racked up at least two years of experience managing and processing financial info, all while becoming a pro with Excel
- Comfortable with ambiguity: you confidently power ahead even when details are murky and you’re self-motivated to speedily sear through heavy workloads without sacrificing accuracy
- A global connector: you understand that clear communication is key to strong teambuilding and work hard to create a candid, collaborative environment that transcends borders and time zones; your understanding of how payments systems vary across regions and currencies helps you set a truly global standard for quality
- A communications savant: you’re able to translate technical jargon into actionable information; you comfortably engage with developers across both disciplinary and international borders
- A GAAP guru: you’ve accumulated Wikipedic knowledge of GAAP and SEC filing standards thanks to the years you’ve spent handling accounts for multi-national, multi-entity firms
- Participate in all activities related to full-cycle accounting, including creating journal entries, reconciling general ledger accounts, and researching and resolving item discrepancies
- Analyze transactions to identify and correct inaccuracies
- Perform monthly accrual analyses and comply with internal controls
- Maintain a tight monthly reporting schedule and develop and maintain multiple audit schedules
- Communicate with Rioters from all disciplines to keep them in the loop about important fiscal goings-on
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.