In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the dramatic growth of esports.
Publishing’s role is to introduce our products to players and form authentic relationships with them through compelling storytelling. Publishing and Brand Management at Riot, like everything else at Riot, is focused on our players and fans. We believe that publishing at Riot exists to ensure trust, to help inspire interest and to deliver meaning for all things that we do - this includes the Riot Brand, League of Legends MOBA, League of Legends esports and our other games.
As the Publishing Lead, you will lead a cross-functional marketing team that includes the sub-disciplines of brand, performance marketing, creative, comms, art, and digital marketing. You will help to lead owned, paid & earned media strategy and planning. Developing adaptable global marketing strategic campaigns that regional publishing leads can build on is part of your main purpose. You'll collaborate with product managers on the best way to adapt the game to the needs of new players.
As Publishing Lead for Creative Development, you are an integral part of a specialist team at Riot. You will drive our marketing, campaigns, content production, PR, Branding and community efforts for multiple products across one portfolio. You love to push convention and have an ambitious spirit. You accept the unknown and you’re able to come up with groundbreaking initiatives that will take our relationship with players and media partners to the next level. You are eager to design marketing campaigns that genuinely engage players and inspire them to dive into our products. You spell team with 'we'.
- As Publishing Lead you will establish clear direction and maintain a vision for publishing, brand, marketing and content across a portfolio of games and creative products and services.
- You will use best-in-class agencies and run a small and nimble team with tight deadlines and constraints to craft effective and exciting go to market strategies.
- As part of the go to market plans you will define our player journey for our products - where do players hear about the product, how will players acquire, how will they socialize.
- Provide insight for market risks and competitors. Be aware of major games hitting the market and their timing. Understand what tactics are being used by other companies to market games.
- Maintain relationship between internal and external teams.
- Be the point person between our internal teams and regional offices to ensure there is always transparency into progress and the team is aware of any regional specific issues that the central team will- need to account for.
- Develop communication plans for both internal and external audiences as well as handling media and influencer relations for events.
- You have at least 5-7 years of leadership experience in publishing/marketing. Ideally you have worked on the launch of multiple games on a variety of platforms and genres.
- You have experience working with first parties such as Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, iOS and Android.
- You have successfully worked on multiple products simultaneously at different stages of a project and understand how to position and create large scale reach and satisfaction for those products.
- You have used multiple agencies and vendors working in concert to create a cohesive product campaign.
- You understand how successful publishing impacts players
- You understand different strategic options for bringing a game to market
- You have excellent attention to detail and know what good looks like
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills
- You are self-aware and both give and take feedback well
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).