Analyst - Unpublished R&D Product
Our Insights discipline helps empower Rioters' decision-making to be more data-informed. We're an interdisciplinary group of scientists, consultants, and strategists from all sorts of backgrounds who join together to represent and advocate for players around the world. We believe that illuminating the globally diverse experiences, behaviors, and needs of players are critical to Riot living up to our player-focused mission. We're a group united by our love of games, science, and helping others succeed.
Are you looking for a career where your strategic skill and analytical prowess can be used alongside your real passion for games? As an Analyst at Riot Games, you'll use the data generated across our ecosystem to better understand our audiences and systems. You’ll join the Insights discipline and embed on a product-focused team to work with a diverse group of individuals like designers, artists, and engineers. Your technical skill set, audience empathy, and ability to understand complex systems will ensure that we understand the implications of our work on our audiences.
Our R&D meta-systems and gameplay teams focus on crafting and building core gameplay and its surrounding systems to build experiences that will delight players for years to come As a key member of this team, you will conduct analyses on large datasets to better understand player engagement as you provide actionable recommendations on the future direction of these teams. For example, you might evaluate the play-rate and win-rate information of different content to inform gameplay balance decisions. Another challenge you may pursue is analyzing the meta-progression players experience to evaluate the effectiveness of our rewards for achievement and mastery. If through your quantitative analyses, you are excited to surface how players engage with the game to help the team make better decisions, this is a phenomenal opportunity.
- You will partner with your product team to generate insights and frameworks that’ll inform how we build our products and experiences
- Provide strategic insights to test teams’ assumptions and inform their actions
- Collect, transform, and analyze complex data to more deeply understand our audience and their behaviors
- Share your results with other Rioters in clear, illustrative presentations and dashboards
- Mentor other analysts, helping them learn from your own experiences
- BA in Economics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Management Information Systems or a related discipline
- A graduate degree or if you have meaningful work experience in consulting, consumer insights, or product strategy, this is especially relevant.
- Minimum of three years professional work experience analyzing large data sets, visualizing information, and informing company strategy
- Knowledgeable in SQL or other relational database approaches
- Knowledgeable in Python or other programming languages
- Advanced in Excel, Powerpoint, and/or Tableau
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).