Development Manager - Enterprise Data Management
Development Managers work together as part of the giant central nervous system that includes nearly everyone at Riot. We’re interlaced on teams throughout the entire company, coordinating across different products and regions as we share goals, insights, and standard methodologies. It is through this communal learning, growing, and sharing of information that we can help lead teams across Riot to delivery excellence.
The Enterprise Data Management (EDM) initiative’s mission is to leverage our data assets to their full value and to protect our data from breach and regulations (like GDPR). We provide data pipelines, data warehouses, integration services, security processes, Tableau reports, infrastructure services, and much more to a wide and growing customer base, which include our Executive Team, Product Leads, Finance Partners, Talent Partners, Recruiting Leads, R&D Leads, Digital Workplace, and many others.
As a Development Manager on the EDM team, you will level up our work system, cross-team collaboration, and also dive into the team-level as needed. Likely, over 2019, the role will be a 50/50 rough split between initiative-level and team-level work, so this is an ideal role for anyone looking to grow and yet be effective at the team-level.
- Run and improve the Initiative-level work-system
- Ensure alignment to the work-system, and train others to do so
- Facilitate and drive quarterly planning, prioritization, and commitments
- Partner with leads to help create roadmaps and meet strategic needs
- Identify dependencies and take ownership of managing them
- Fulfill the DL role for teams as needed, which may include:
- Create and maintain a continuous improvement plan
- Build and improve relationships within and without the team (customers & stakeholders)
- Manage team milestone status and delivery
- Set clear expectations, goals, and critical metrics for the team
- Facilitate rituals
- Set deadlines and drive accountability
- Improve roadmap and reporting
- 5+ years of experience in leading technology projects
- 3+ years of experience in practicing advanced Agile methodologies
- 3+ years of experience in delivering products in the broader data domain (big data, data warehousing, data modeling, data governance, business intelligence, data analytic, data science, system to system integrations, etc.)
- Have led at least 2 large-scale projects (multi-quarter, multi-domain efforts that have a measurable impact on the organization)
- Demonstrated ability to establish, socialize, and maintain work systems and project methodologies at the team level (ability to do so at the team-of-team level is a big plus)
- Clear and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface effectively with engineers, product leaders, senior leaders, and customers
- Willingness to take a hands-on approach to ensure team success with a demonstrated ability to wear many hats and do what it takes to help the team win
- Possess a positive attitude and willingness to stay humble, learn, and maintain integrity throughout all facets of the work
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).