Support Analyst - IT
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
As Riot continues to deliver and scale content to a global audience of passionate gamers, Riot’s IT Discipline is packed with challenges and opportunities centered on designing, building, and maintaining global infrastructure that supports the organization’s growth. Delivering a stable and adaptable foundation is difficult as it can change as quickly as the Meta. However, this isn’t your traditional corporate IT job where you are siloed into a single specialty and expected to churn out the same product in repetition. We are the backbone of delivering towards our consistent dream of being “Player Experience First.” Our Engineers are flexible, adaptable, and voracious in their pursuit of developing new techniques that give us the ability to automate and scale, while growing in their particular area of expertise. They are mentors, innovators, and only satisfied when they are delivering value above expectations.
As Support Analysts in the IT Discipline, we provide extraordinary standards of service for Riot’s operations. You will conduct inventory, carry out maintenance, implement troubleshooting, and repair all critical hardware. You will be the frontline for communicating with all Rioters, including leadership, to provide key updates and ensure compliance with Riot Games’ standards and security policies. You will design, write, and edit technical user documentation, which includes specifications, integrations, and instructional documentation. Additionally, you will give roving support and training throughout Riot Games. You will also engage with other domain authorities to collect requirements and technical content, translating that info into a consumable, functional work products. You will collaborate with Riot technology teams to identify gaps in our hardware and service levels. Finally, you will passionately seek opportunities to eliminate inefficiencies and non-value added tasks.
- Conduct inventory, maintenance, and troubleshooting for all hardware and compute infrastructure
- Ensure compliance for all Riot IT standards and security policies
- Develop instructional documentation and provide training to Rioters
- Roving support for Rioters for all IT needs
- Identify gaps across hardware and services and then execute initiatives to improve quality of service
- 5 years of work experience
- Ability to work autonomously, prioritize, and self-manage time
- Excellent proficiency in written and verbal communication
- Resiliency / Flexibility
- Experience servicing a broad spectrum of development collaboration tools, including Perforce, GitHub, JIRA, Duo, Confluence and Google Apps
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Windows and OSX security fundamentals
- Foundational understanding of Agile
- Knowledge and prior use of Ticket-tracking software
- Scripting languages such as Python or PowerShell
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).